SAU Community

Nissan Gtr Specv Debuts

craig V8 taffe

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The graph tells us it's faster by a "bit" I for one want something a little more detailed than that, plus I wanna see stig take it around the top gear track so it can bear the veyrons time of 1.18.5

you know what I really want to see? you know how to really make the Beer Baron sell some property and buy an R35? I'd love to see an R35 V-spec II N1 Nur GTR.

this is my R35 V-Spec II N1 Nur edition spec and it's patent pending punks so hands off!!

-666hp.

-full dry sump

-bigger factory engine oil cooler

-trans cooler

-diff cooler

-no a/c just basic fan, demister etc

-no tv/dvd/sub woofer just a very, very basic stereo

-2 seater only

-factory cage or at least half cage with roll over protection (a la GT3 CS)

-smaller steering wheel and paddles that move with the wheel

-carbon bloody everywhere to save more weight and add cool factor. = full dash, door trims, bonnet, boot, wing, bumper, grill, roof (big one as it lowers CoG), other little pieces

-TE37s but proper ones not the stupid looking Spec V ones. I want ones that look more like the Super GT ones. even 19s if they have to go down a size

-the spec V carbon brakes are ok, leave them

-NON synchro box (no synchros means they can have wider, stronger gears), this is a big one, box improvment. trans cooler will go some way to giving it longer life though

-Drivers and passenger seats something very racy again, like GT3 CS (with 4 point harnesses and regular lap/sash). a set of very nice recaro buckets would do it, maybe even trimmed in leather for some comfort factor (and more durable too).

-thin, lightweight glass (aka speed glass)

-semi slick tyres

-Gold N1 Nur covers just like ye olde RB26 (please the fanboys)

- great flowing and BIG sounding exhaust. even make it variable like F430/Gallardo exhausts are. quiet when tootling around, but above 80% throttle the thing opens wide up for max noise. titanium of course..

So who's with me? is this THE R35 you'd want to buy or what???

Don't forget to add the same transmission the veyron has!! If that flappi paddle gear box can hold 1001ps it's worth it, ofcourse nissan couldn't use that cost etc...

Edit: I'd have 777hp, 666 is like asking for bad luck, or Chinese style 888

Edited by DaGr81

2 please Baron :P

but really, in the history of 32/33/34, the V-Spec was not a great jump ahead of the standard R. And if you look at it in those terms, Nissan has actually gone further than usual with the V-Spec, which would suggest even a V-Spec II would not be a great jump either. Probably just the addition of a CF bonnet.

I guess it's the N1 equivalent we're hanging for because going on tradition, the V-Spec isn't a huge performance jump. Certainly not in the league of 997 Turbo -> 997 GT2.

2 please Baron :P

but really, in the history of 32/33/34, the V-Spec was not a great jump ahead of the standard R. And if you look at it in those terms, Nissan has actually gone further than usual with the V-Spec, which would suggest even a V-Spec II would not be a great jump either. Probably just the addition of a CF bonnet.

I guess it's the N1 equivalent we're hanging for because going on tradition, the V-Spec isn't a huge performance jump. Certainly not in the league of 997 Turbo -> 997 GT2.

You've got a point there, but then again the 32/33/34 V-Spec's weren't TWICE the price of the standard GTR's. From memory they were a few thousand dollars more.

The level of specification isn't the main point contention IMO, it's the price you have to pay over and above the standard car for what seems to be relatively few enhancements.

hmmm... yes, i seemed to have forgotten about that rather big point of difference from previous V-Specs....

given all this, my last stand is with the reviews/track time. The GTR on paper shouldn't not do what it does. Perhaps the V-Spec on paper shouldn't do what we might see it do. I'll hang onto that, and if it's only marginally better than the base model, then it's a big of a rip-off and Nissan are just trying to make some money back from the base model, for which i guess you can't blame them.

at least there are plenty of aftermarket operators onto it now, of which there might be a lot who can make a V-Spec eater for a lot less money.

you know what I really want to see? you know how to really make the Beer Baron sell some property and buy an R35? I'd love to see an R35 GTR Z-Tune

this is my R35 GTR Z-Tune edition spec and it's patent pending punks so hands off!!

-666hp.

-full dry sump

-trans cooler

-diff cooler

-2 seater only

-carbon bloody everywhere to save more weight and add cool factor. = full dash, door trims, bonnet, boot, wing, bumper, grill, roof (big one as it lowers CoG), other little pieces

-TE37s but proper ones not the stupid looking Spec V ones. I want ones that look more like the Super GT ones. even 19s if they have to go down a size

-NON synchro box (no synchros means they can have wider, stronger gears), this is a big one, box improvment. trans cooler will go some way to giving it longer life though

-Drivers and passenger seats something very racy again, like GT3 CS (with 4 point harnesses and regular lap/sash). a set of very nice recaro buckets would do it, maybe even trimmed in leather for some comfort factor (and more durable too).

-semi slick tyres

- great flowing and BIG sounding exhaust. even make it variable like F430/Gallardo exhausts are. quiet when tootling around, but above 80% throttle the thing opens wide up for max noise. titanium of course..

Fixed :P

Considering the step up from the regular R34 to the R34 Z-Tune, what the Baron has suggested wouldn't be enough (in my books) to justify the tag.

I'd agree with the synchro'less box. If the double clutch gearbox is as smart as they say it is, surely it can rev-match electronically rather than rely on synchromesh.

Nissan should build a "superligera" version..

And just gut the bloody thing

On the surface that may seem the way to go, but if you look at the market competitors like the GT3 or GT2 Porsches, they still have leather seats, power windows, A/c etc. As a matter of fact they are quite comfortable & well equipped considering they are 'stripper' specials...and that's a good thing. Yes it would be great to see a huge hp figure, and a massive weight loss, but this use of CF, carbon-ceramic brakes etc may well see a Nurbugring lap time of low 7.20's perhaps (and quite likely) enough to eclipse Corvette ZR-1 & Pagani Zonda R. If this is the case at double the price, it may look expensive compared to 'regular' GT-R, but at $290-$300K equivelant, it's still an incredible bargain, still well under the price of a 911 turbo and similar money to Carerra 4S..but with Pagaini Zonda R performance!. The best thing it wouldn't be a noisy, kidney jarring gutted shell on wheels, but a relatively comfortable and luxurious hypercar. Lets wait for road and track tests.........

I bumped into something a little bit special in Ginza, Japan last night and grinned like a little school kid:

P1110054.jpg

P1110049.jpg

P1110050.jpg

P1110051.jpg

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/13722/200...ails-confirmed/

Going back in a couple of days to get a close-up look :D

Nice one llama_au.

Im guessing its a Midnight Purple one.

Went to look at the one above today. Visually, I am not a fan of the wheels and the front lip doesnt really make much difference. The exhaust tips look great and some may not notice this but if you look under the rear bar, you will see the exhaust has fins which probably acts with air flow! Brakes looks and I would imagine work extremely well. The interior is much better with carbon and especially the seats - I love the seats. The colour, I think I prefer the black.

All in all an improvement but I dont know if its worth double the price. I wonder if any are set for Aus.

Nice one llama_au.

Im guessing its a Midnight Purple one.

Very observant :(

I sat in the Spec V today and pressed all the buttons.

Pictures when I cbf haha

Not worth the price, but the seats are awesome over the standard GTR. Like they're the best seats I've ever sat in.

N/A® - when were you there? I would've been there about 2 or 3pm today.

Very observant :(

I sat in the Spec V today and pressed all the buttons.

Pictures when I cbf haha

Not worth the price, but the seats are awesome over the standard GTR. Like they're the best seats I've ever sat in.

N/A® - when were you there? I would've been there about 2 or 3pm today.

Was there about 6pm for only a while. Seats are great but I was more interested in one of the girls at the gallery to be honest. :D

you know what I really want to see? you know how to really make the Beer Baron sell some property and buy an R35? I'd love to see an R35 V-spec II N1 Nur GTR.

this is my R35 V-Spec II N1 Nur edition spec and it's patent pending punks so hands off!!

-666hp.

-full dry sump

-trans cooler

-diff cooler

-2 seater only

-semi slick tyres

sounds good

Went to the press launch on the 8th and got to fondle all the SpecV components by themselves. The rotors weigh nothing compared to the stock ones. All that unsprung, rotational mass savings adds up to a lot more than just what the spec sheet says.

Went to the Tochigi plant to see the SpecV production line begin yesterday, was a very special experience to go to the home of the GT-R and see the first two built ones. They also have one of the Nurburgring cars (#33) in the hall. The one that ran the 7.38 time (not the 7.29 time).

Also got taken for a spin on their test circuit, amazing place the Tochigi plant and about the size of a city itself.

The SpecV sounds like the Nismo Clubsport one. Here's a vid i made if you want to know what it sounds like (right down the end):

http://www.gtrblog.com/index.php/2008/12/0...one-enkai-night

All in all an improvement but I dont know if its worth double the price. I wonder if any are set for Aus.

Nope, from the Nissan press release last week.......

"The GT-R goes on sale locally in early April. There are no current plans for the Spec V in Australia"