SAU Community

18" Wheels And Offset

very vague question. although the understanding is the less offset the more protrude the rims towards outside,

but you can fit a 8.5" wide rims with +25 offset that doesn't stick more than a +15 offset rims with 7.5" width.

so looking at offset alone will not answer your question mate... you need to know how wide the rims is.

Sorry if I'm a little vague this is all new to me. I get to pick up my 350gt next month and it has stock 17's and I would like to put a set of 18's on it. The wheels I am interested in were described as being Rays 5ZR 18x8+33. 18x9+37. 5x114.3. Is that a better decription? Cheers :)

dealer option 18" on coupes are 18x8" front and 18x8.5" rear with I believe +30 front and +28 rear offset.

so that would definitely within your guards, not gonna stick out like a gokart or something, but it will not looked very aggressive stance.

I have used 19x8.5" +25 at the front which basically only pushed the front outwards just by about 1-2cm outward compared to stock,

and the rear is 19x9.5" +30 which is still within guards but look quite aggressively sticking outward about 2cm than stock.

Some people had used +22 or +17 offset with 8.5" wide rims and still fits within the guard, but it will have a very aggressive wide stance.

I don't particularly fancy too wide stance, they make the car looks like a b1tch (dog) squatting down for a pee from behind. :)

I still think the best look will be if you can find around +25 to +30 offset in this range with between 8.5 to 9.5" wide rims.

+37 or above might be ok but if the offset is too big the rims may not have enough clearance if you have a brembo caliper.

non-brembo should be fine and give you more choice in offset range.

I still think the best look will be if you can find around +25 to +30 offset in this range with between 8.5 to 9.5" wide rims.

+37 or above might be ok but if the offset is too big the rims may not have enough clearance if you have a brembo caliper.

I've got an auto premium coupe with no brembo's fitted so these should fit ok?

post-38216-1231412783_thumb.jpg

they should, although I personally think you'd be better off with +25-ish offset, it will suit the wide guards of the V35. those +37 offset would suit narrow body nissans like the older R33 gtst, but again +25 to +37 is only about 1.2cm it's not that much difference, you can always put a spacer if you want it to protrude out more...

dealer option 18" on coupes are 18x8" front and 18x8.5" rear with I believe +30 front and +28 rear offset.

I have the Factory 18" rims but I don't think they have different offset and width. They are all identical 18x8" all round. The only thing is, they are 235 tire in front and 245 at the rears.

he wheels I am interested in were described as being Rays 5ZR 18x8+33. 18x9+37. 5x114.3. Is that a better decription?

Running higher offsets than stock (regardless of wheel width) is illegal, bad for handling, and looks shit. It's a trifecta of rubbish. FYI they sound like S15 or R33 sizes.

Also, they're not RAYS wheels. They're 5Zigen wheels.

Running higher offsets than stock (regardless of wheel width) is illegal, bad for handling, and looks shit. It's a trifecta of rubbish. FYI they sound like S15 or R33 sizes.

Cheers, yes they are off a R33. I'll try and get some 350Z 18's or some 350GT 18's then and forget the bling!

Cheers, yes they are off a R33. I'll try and get some 350Z 18's or some 350GT 18's then and forget the bling!

I have a set of Nissan factory 350z/v35 Rays lightweight Track v.1 Rims F/S [gunmetal] as new unmarked F.18x8 30o/s R.18x8.5 33o/s with near new tyres I've had these stored for some time,have decided to sell these are not very common wheels! If interested give me a bell. Sydney Mob. 0424242949.

Hm, they're not exactly 'bling' so it may be the right thing to do. those 5ZG wheels are kind of 'old style' that was quite popular back in the 90s, but probably not so suited for cars from the millenium Y2K age

Factory coupe wheels are 18x8 +30 all four.

Offset does not determine brake clearance. Disk type does. Most Jap wheels like Rays and Works specify lo, standard and hi disk wheels.

Amen.

You have a coupe, and are capable of running low offsets with 8.5 and 9.5 front and rear respectively around the vicinity of +22 all round. Fill ur guards to the max!

You have a coupe, and are capable of running low offsets with 8.5 and 9.5 front and rear respectively around the vicinity of +22 all round. Fill ur guards to the max!

You can run 9.5" front and 10.5" rear with those offsets without breaking a sweat. If you can run massive deep dish without "cheater" tactics like curved spokes you owe it to the world to do so. :D

Edited by scathing

• 2 weeks later...

I need help with mine, i've been reading about offsets but am still getting my head around it...

Basically i have 18" factory rims for the coupe, i want the wheels to stick out from the guards maybe 1-2 cm. Someone above mentioned factory rims were +30 offsets all round so what do i need to do?

Buy some 8.5-9.5" fronts with +22-25 offset and rears 9.5-10.5 +22-25. Take away 5-10 on the offset for the lower widths I mentioned if you really want them to stick out from the guards.

Good to see the new skylines favouring low offset again. Dish ftw.

• 1 month later...

need someone to help me confirm..

if i order 19" rim, 8.5 front 9.5rear width.. offset of +23 would be good, rite? not over filling the guard but better than how the stock 18 fills? and +23 should hv a good dish~

i m thinking, if the offset is just not what i like, will just add spacer later, is this a good choice?

i m thinking, if the offset is just not what i like, will just add spacer later, is this a good choice?

i would like to know peoples views on the use of spacers also, i'm a little unsure about them in both bolt on and slip on form. i have the factory option 19's (i think 8 and 8.5 inch wide F&R) and like the wheels but as with all factory wheels they would look a lot better if they were stepped out a bit.

i once saw a 34 GTR with the stock wheels but with 25mm bolt on spacers and the right suspension height they just looked absolutely perfect so thats my inspiration.

i would like to know peoples views on the use of spacers also, i'm a little unsure about them in both bolt on and slip on form. i have the factory option 19's (i think 8 and 8.5 inch wide F&R) and like the wheels but as with all factory wheels they would look a lot better if they were stepped out a bit.

i once saw a 34 GTR with the stock wheels but with 25mm bolt on spacers and the right suspension height they just looked absolutely perfect so thats my inspiration.

Personally I would refrain from spacers alltogether as they are highly illegal. Choose the wheel with the offset you want from the start. People who use spacers generally have not got the the correct wheels to suit their application. For track use, maybe...for road use...no.