SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

Even @ 330rwkw on E85/.63 - that is pushing then limits of believable. But at least its almost believable rather than outright fudge.

Maybe low 20's its believable (330rwkw that is). A 3582 .82 wouldn't make that much "claimed power" at those boost levels on E85.

you know trent from status uses the same dyno... with the same calibrations, and has had similar results on customers cars with a similar turbo set up?

everyones quick to jump on the dyno debate. If we had a drag strip in SA i would seriously consider it... with previous tune of 360 rwkw's i managed a 1:18 flay around mallala in a drift car on street tyres. this was beating 330 rwkw gtr's that were done on a mainline dyno (willall) so clearly some of you need to pull your heads out of your arseholes and face reality that such results possible.

ever think that maybe mainlines read low? I had an RB20 r32 ages ago with a 25 turbo on it with an EEPROM chip remapped. made 148 rwkw on a mainline.. where as on a roller dyno (DD) it made 180 rwkw.. and on the AMM hub dyno made 185 rwkw with the same correction metiod.

19psi though mate...

5557 .63 made that same power (roughly) on >30psi of boost. Albeit on a 2L SR engine, it's still something. Why do SO MANY people make around the 300rwkw mark on 1psi less? Surely there isn't 90kw difference in reading between the dynos....

Just know that it's all about how much you enjoy the car, and how well it performs - a dyno is simply a number, and doesn't mean ANYTHING in some cases. This is one of those cases...

the whole point is that a 3076 cant push enough air to make 400rwkw.

and its very misleading to forum users that think they can go out and get a 3076 and make 400rwkw its just not goint to happen. its a 300rwkw turbo with E85 you can get 340-350rwkw out of them thats about it.

the whole point is that a 3076 cant push enough air to make 400rwkw.

and its very misleading to forum users that think they can go out and get a 3076 and make 400rwkw its just not goint to happen. its a 300rwkw turbo with E85 you can get 340-350rwkw out of them thats about it.

yes your correct becuase thats exactly what it did.....

the car in question was initially tuned on this dyno by amm using those exact corrections so i gave simon that graph today purely as a direct comparison to how it was before. the result be a 40odd kw increase over the previous setup. i had no real choice there.

i did todays whole retune using more "roller correct" corrections and in actual fact it produced 357kw. i dont think that turbo is gonna do too much more and i had no interest in trying. the result was great as it was.

at the end of the day, its a tuning aid and a VERY good one! the 397 was merely a reperesentation of todays gain.

I don't know what dyno it was on, but I remember recently someone pushing around the 400rwkw mark from a 3076 of some kind, but on a ridiculous boost level around 30psi - WELL out of efficiency

i bet they'd find that if they dropped the boost and tuned it accordingly, the loss would not be dramatic.:thumbsup:

I must have the wrong thread here I thought it was the 400rwkw thread, not the 390rwkw thread. Can anyone link me please? :whistling:

Lol, so true.

Im pretty sure the dyno blew up when he recorded a power level of over 9000

Edited by Nee-san