SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

you ran a rubber line all the way under the car?!?!?!

yes - it was to be a temporary fix to get the car up & running (it was safely secured inside the rail - 6 months later it was still there :blush:

yes - it was to be a temporary fix to get the car up & running (it was safely secured inside the rail - 6 months later it was still there :blush:

It happens from time to time :nyaanyaa:

ahh got ya, least it was covered :)

If you had to use a single turbo to make 400 - 450kw ATW, what would you use ?

GTX3582R, GT3788R, T04Z ???

gogogo !

Normally I would go the Z because it won't stop at 560-600 but the 3788 will spool faster. If you don't want any more than 560-580 then the 3788 is perfect, after that, the Z is still comparable for response with the 0.99 housing on the 3788

We use CRG creations. Should be able to do within 2 weeks but the difference is he will do custom work.

That's why we use him, whenever we get something a little different it's never a problem

Alright lads,

Descision has been made.

http://www.gcg.com.au/AllImage/Products/Garrett%20Spec%20Sheets/gt3788r_772719-1.jpg

For those who don't want to click the link, it's the GT3788R from GCG here in aus, very reasonably priced too actually.

only question remains.

What rear ?

I'm thinking 0.99

Alright lads,

Descision has been made.

http://www.gcg.com.a...8r_772719-1.jpg

For those who don't want to click the link, it's the GT3788R from GCG here in aus, very reasonably priced too actually.

only question remains.

What rear ?

I'm thinking 0.99

Will you be going for low exhaust manifold back pressure and cams with some overlap? If you are, then go the larger rear housing but expect less performance at lower rpm.

If you don't have a lot of head porting and have zero overlap go the smallest.

I am not sure what the runner diameter of the 6Boost manifold and the lengths of the runners but that is also a consideration.

You need to choose which direction you want to set up your engine and turbocharger.

Low back pressure system: significant head porting, properly design tubular manifold, larger A/R turbine housing and camsahfts with some overlap... aim for 1:1 exhaust manifold pressure and boost pressure.

High back pressure system: the OEM turbocharger set up is a perfect example, higher exhaust manifold back pressure to boost (i.e. maybe 2/2.5/3.0 - 1), no overlap, short manifold runners, small A/R turbine housing.

You can't do a mix of both as each one will characterise how the engine will perform.

Given what I have what would you suggest as a rear housing size ?

It is very unlikely that I will pull the head and change anything until I build another engine.