SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

Thanks that would be great!

I'd be keen to hear more about lowering the engine. I know several RB30's have been put in at stockish heights, but everyone seems to do it differently. There's a market for bolt in mount kits, so everything needed to install RB30 to R32GTR in one package.

that guy simon has the worlds best kept secret on lowering the engine but he won't let the cat out of the bag

.I have 1 theory which I've discussed with another mechanic and would work

I heard of a trick using rb20 engine mounts which lowers it 10-15mm. Though dont know how accurate that is as I havent done it myself.

How much lower would the engine need to sit in order for the timing cover to not hit the bonnet bracing? Would 20mm drop be enough?

I heard of a trick using rb20 engine mounts which lowers it 10-15mm. Though dont know how accurate that is as I havent done it myself.

How much lower would the engine need to sit in order for the timing cover to not hit the bonnet bracing? Would 20mm drop be enough?

I recently did a 26/30 for someone. It required an 8mm drop, bonnet support cut out towards the front and the twin turbo 'badge' shaved off the twin turbo pipe to make it smooth.

With all that, it only just touches by a whisper.

With a standard bonnet I'd say 25mm would see it clear with no other changes.

I'm fairly sure RB20 mounts are the same height as GTR but I could be wrong. The other problem with lowering the engine in the subframe is the clearance between the sump and the subframe is only about 15mm at best from factory. You could possibly go 10mm of that but I reckon driveshaft clearances would have to be considered if you did

I recently did a 26/30 for someone. It required an 8mm drop, bonnet support cut out towards the front and the twin turbo 'badge' shaved off the twin turbo pipe to make it smooth.

I'm fairly sure RB20 mounts are the same height as GTR but I could be wrong. The other problem with lowering the engine in the subframe is the clearance between the sump and the subframe is only about 15mm at best from factory. You could possibly go 10mm of that but I reckon driveshaft clearances would have to be considered if you did

exactly what i did to mine - cut the bonnet brace above the front cams, took off the twin turbo badge & milled off the boss for the badge.

funnily though, i had to run the bonnet without the insulation as this was starting to rub the paint off my newly painted covers. that is how tight it was under there!

I was thinking if you could achieve say half inch of lowering engine towards sub frame via engine mount mods and then lowering sub frame half inch off chassis rail then you would be pretty damn close and both of those things are very straight forward and have probably been done before. But as you said you would need to look at drive shaft clearances and angles.

Talk to rob at rips racing. The sump he did for me was a piece of art and proven on his 7sec 240z. Not the cheap the ultimate IMO.

I have about 30 pics of my sump before I fitted it but cannot share them :)