SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

480kw on vp 109 and dash 5s @ 23psi, BACKED UP with repeated 140+mph runs. It can be done, just not by many :D

Mark32 being on powerplus rated at 108 would be pretty damn close to vp race fuel, i dont see why every one is getting their panties in a knot. Edited by linkems

I don't understand what the issue is. e85, increasing boost later in the rpm range, and 'at the limit' tuning probably explain the nice graph

20psi @ 4700rpm sounds very good, but reasonable

700Nm @ 5000 rpm sounds very good, but reasonable

nobody else even talks about, let alone posts graphs, about increasing boost with rpm. that's probably the main reason for the high peak power.

480kw on vp 109 and dash 5s @ 23psi, BACKED UP with repeated 140+mph runs. It can be done, just not by many :D

Mark32 being on powerplus rated at 108 would be pretty damn close to vp race fuel, i dont see why every one is getting their panties in a knot.

Finally someone with some backed up proof.

How much does your car weigh? I suspect you have more than 480kw

the specs from that video:

HKS 2,8l stroker kit + twin GT2860-5 + nismo intake plenum + greddy 264 cams + 1000cc RC injectors + Apexi D-Jetro + Almasi tuning

the scale on the torque curve looks wrong, but the power curve looks accurate

http://www.gtrpwr.co...thread.php?t=62

Skylinebestdynoresult.jpg

Edited by black bnr32

Yeah most people don't, but sometimes it's gotta be done because everyone else around then expects it to be "the norm"... And then we end up with more and more threads like "why am i down on power", when in actual fact they are perfectly fine... They are just expecting something that's not reasonable and trying to explain this to such users can be about as productive as belting ones head against a wall (similar to telling the GTX/500rwkw person that it was not possible, but we were all haters :/)

And for the record, there are no mini-me's running around that i know of :ph34r:

If you think thats BS, i know one person who got "498rwkw" out of -5's on PUMP and when i asked him to back it up with MPH he said its an inaccurate way to calculate power! the fark lol.

If you think thats BS, i know one person who got "498rwkw" out of -5's on PUMP and when i asked him to back it up with MPH he said its an inaccurate way to calculate power! the fark lol.

Probably because he knows he isn't making that power haha

There is a guy in NZ that claims mid 500kw on pump on GT2860Rs who is a fairly respected track racer etc, which sounds like crap - even on a high reading dyno. The trap speed argument has come up but he has no interest in drag racing, conveniently.

There is a guy in NZ that claims mid 500kw on pump on GT2860Rs who is a fairly respected track racer etc, which sounds like crap - even on a high reading dyno. The trap speed argument has come up but he has no interest in drag racing, conveniently.

We have no interest in believing him then

Dumb comment old boy

Maybe this engine is just more efficient than all the others using the same turbos hence the higher power....

And saying that the 1/4 is the real dyno works to a degree if you have traction. But what if your running street tyres and no traction at all like Marks 32 could be wheel spinning across the line in 5th gear and still run under 120mph....

But we also have nice clean air down here in Tassie....

Edited by WHITER33GTS-T

He also has a 2.8 maybe even a 3.0 bottom end.

Different ball game to the normal 2.6

Yet another keyboard god that knows everything from behind the computer screen just ask him....

Try geting some real world experience old boy instead of just reading the interwebs then thinking your an expert on everything

Maybe this engine is just more efficient than all the others using the same turbos hence the higher power....

And saying that the 1/4 is the real dyno works to a degree if you have traction. But what if your running street tyres and no traction at all like Marks 32 could be wheel spinning across the line in 5th gear and still run under 120mph....

But we also have nice clean air down here in Tassie....

The clean air must help a shit-load Rob, and you know better that anyone a lot of cars have been on that dyno and he's not the sort of bloke to produce stupid unrealistic dyno results.