SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

Stao do they remain the nvcs the same as poncams? Why not just use drop in poncams? I'm fairly sure they have been proven to make 500atw's kw. Where are you getting the camshafts from? Should sound fairly angry. :)

Josh

Engines got tomei cams 260 9.5 already with about 10000kms on them,doing a 500kw build and hoping to get there with them.Tuner said its possible so spose will try.Was just wondering on all your opinions.Will be running 30psi boost with a 2.8 stroker

On Tomei's website RB25det Pon cams is only available in 256 / 8.5mm, The 264 / 8.5mm is apparently an custom item that needs to be ordered. I've been told they are the largest drop in Pon cams, CJmotors stock them. Part no.: 143021

For those with more dedicated track cars, what's the most boost you're running through your -5's?

I'm running 23psi (moves around a little upto 24). Was thinking of upping it to 25 or 26psi. Thoughts?

Will I see much of a gain or have they already run out of puff by then?

Thats with a big $$$ head and rb2.8 stroker also. Piggaz has absolutley pushed those -5's to the moon and back. It's a awesome effort.

Josh

Thats with a big $$$ head and rb2.8 stroker also. Piggaz has absolutley pushed those -5's to the moon and back. It's a awesome effort.

Josh

From memory, if we pulled it back to 25 ish psi it made something like 455. Not a hell of alot to be had top end, the gains were through the midrange. It's quite noticeable too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I ran a washable originally but now run twin ryco filters as they are super fine and my fuel system originally was dirty so the rycos collect everything.

Ps- I am not worthy of posting in your thread as my HTA hasn't got what it takes, but fark it I was passing by :P

I use a washable mesh Aeroflow one seems to do the job well..

So iam in the market for a new exhaust looking at 4" and titanium if i can find it. What options are out there? I have emailed bread at Pro Fab about a custom made one any other options? Will be on HKS 2530's with a Racepace twin 3" into 4" front pipe.

Thanks

Matt

I'll ask brad if he can do a better price for two...I'm keen for something lighter and better flowing.

Car gets tuned at unigroup on Monday. Finges crossed all goes well, Hopefully i can stay in the club....it was tuned elsewhere before and was never convinced of the power figure.

I'll ask brad if he can do a better price for two...I'm keen for something lighter and better flowing.

Car gets tuned at unigroup on Monday. Finges crossed all goes well, Hopefully i can stay in the club....it was tuned elsewhere before and was never convinced of the power figure.

How big is your exhaust now? I spose at the most it would only be a touch up tune with the bigger exhaust.