SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

Ye but it only ran 135mph - SIF 900rwkw

yep, absolutely no way. Even if it had a lazy take off (which it did) and has low 'average' power, it should still have pulled off 145

I found that comical considering my ET was 129.75mph with only 320awkw

My mates xr6 ran a 10.9 with 400rwkw

130mph just tells me the dyno figure you are quoting is low. At 130mph you should have 500-520rwhp (370-390rwkw)

they dont do mph tho like gtr's. have a look at any ford v8 with a s/c, even with huge power they just dont run the mph for some reason. the turb is always faster with the same power.

130mph just tells me the dyno figure you are quoting is low. At 130mph you should have 500-520rwhp (370-390rwkw)

That was in my r32gtr with street radials, 320awkw was on a dyno dynamics dyno as well (crd tune).

I think I'm a good driver :) 60 foot was 1.5s from memory...

That was in my r32gtr with street radials, 320awkw was on a dyno dynamics dyno as well (crd tune).

I think I'm a good driver :) 60 foot was 1.5s from memory...

It doesn't matter if you take 20 seconds to get off the line, your top end speed will be similar

they dont do mph tho like gtr's. have a look at any ford v8 with a s/c, even with huge power they just dont run the mph for some reason. the turb is always faster with the same power.

that doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Rolls

That run was an 11.1, not bad for 320awkw huh!

If I crossed the finish line in 4th and not in 3rd on the limiter, I would have cracked a high ten...oh well, I still talk about it 3 years later

It doesn't matter if you take 20 seconds to get off the line, your top end speed will be similar

that doesn't make any sense

i know but that is how it happens. do some reasearch and u will see what i mean.

yep, absolutely no way. Even if it had a lazy take off (which it did) and has low 'average' power, it should still have pulled off 145

so does that mean the dyno is out by like 700hp ?

60 foot generally has no effect on trap speed.

I ran the same mph on street tyres as i did on slicks.

I found that it did, minor - but it was consistent as i raced every 2nd week for 6 months :D

This is what i was doing when on the same tyres with varying 60fts.

1.9 60ft - 109mph (12.9 ET)

2.1 60ft - 110-111mph (13.2 ET)

But yes, marko - you didnt have 320rwkw with a 11.1 @ 130mph, over 350.

I found that it did, minor - but it was consistent as i raced every 2nd week for 6 months :D

That is interesting ash as crd's dyno isn't optimistic so u might be right...I know that my tuner did tell me to convert from awkw to rwkw I'd need to add close to 10%, therefore 320awkw might equate to 350rwkw

i know but that is how it happens. do some reasearch and u will see what i mean.

It has nothing to do with the fact it is turbo or v8, the reason they have different speeds is turbo cars (skylines etc) have much better drag coefficients than V8s from the 70s, they are also usually quite a bit lighter. It has absolutely nothing to do with the engine, power is power, it won't go faster just because it is a turbo :P

so does that mean the dyno is out by like 700hp ?

lol, I can get a camry to read 1200hp. Not saying it doesn't make a lot of power, just saying it doesn't make as much as they claim...unless ofcourse, he backed off at the end like someone said.

I don't think I'd post a 11sec run on youtube if I did one with that much hp

Also rolls there power curves are usually pretty different, Im not sure about the supercharged v8s, but when i was comparing the NA V8 torque/power curves to my rb30, i noticed that the v8s power curves usually have pretty flat torque curves that result in the peak power being made almost at their peak RPM, while my car had a lot less torque off boost, but once on boost picked up a lot of torque through the mid-range and started dropping off a fair way before redline, so although they made the same peak power, my car had more torque in the top end, as its power curve had a rounded top earlier in the rev range while the NA v8 had a straight line power curve. If the supercharged dyno curves are similar could explain it.. tho im stikking a v8 in a r32, so i suppose we'll see what sort of top end speed it will get with a car thats light and has a descent drag coefficient.

Anyone got a gt3788r dyno curve yet?? I've been following this thread waiting for someone to post one, so i can compare the response to my gt35r

Jarrod

Yes, you are correct... People don't often understand the concept of why when your 60ft is lower the mph is lower. When you do a quicker 60ft you do a quicker ET, a quicker ET allows your car less time to accelerate and thus is going slower at the finish line.

Got a tip for you guys, an R32 skyline has a f**king atrocious drag coefficient like almost 0.4 or something.

I've heard that they've got a good one, and i've heard that they've got a horrible one. Hard facts please people, sick of the hearsay.

.40 it is, seems i was getting it confused with something else (and not the new gtr either)

Edited by sneakey pete