SAU Community

I am planning to do my transmission service; I have couple of things to ask from you guys, please help. Thanks...

:3some:

1) What is the fluid capacity of skyline gtst r33 SII automatic transmission? (without torque converter)

2) Which oil is the best for r33? How much $?

3) Where can I get the service kit including the seal? How much $?

Thanks

I am planning to do my transmission service; I have couple of things to ask from you guys, please help. Thanks...

:P

1) What is the fluid capacity of skyline gtst r33 SII automatic transmission? (without torque converter)

2) Which oil is the best for r33? How much $?

3) Where can I get the service kit including the seal? How much $?

Thanks

Why do you say without torque converter? There is very little oil in the pan -less than 2L I would guess - I used 12L by undoing the hose to the trans cooler, running the engine to expel 2L, then add 2L thru filler and repaet until the oil runs clean. Filter kit was around $100 but it is metal - you can just take it out and clean it. Any ATF will be OK - synthetic is better.

i used castrol transmax Z, just undo the sump plug on the bottom of the transmission pan and let it drain.

i used about 4.3litres from memory, just make sure you check your levels because too much or too little will screw with things.

also give mike at MV autos in adelaide a call.

he does the shift kits and can also supply you with a new filter for $33 i think.

He's a helpful guy anyway and should be able to answer any general questions you have

ill be using the transmax z stuff also. just not sure how much the actual whole system holds??? jsut unbolting the oil sump bolt wont get rid of all old oil. there is still heaps in the converter and what not. i used up 12L in my aristo so i might just do the same with the liner.....

you wont get all the oil out of the convertor just by servicing it. if the oil is dirty flush the system by undoing the cooler line at the front of the car an do as kiwi mentioned, this is easiest if you dont know what your doing