SAU Community

Leather Seat Retrims

deano27

Hi Guys,

I was looking at getting my seats retrimmed by proseat and thought I'd try and get a group by happening.

I contacted Max at proseat and asked about a group buy. Usually prices are $595 + $50 for logo (Nissan, Skyline, GT, GTR or Nismo) + $50 two tone combination or perforated + $25 postage however if we get more than 15 people together he agreed to do it for...

$545 (including logo, two tone combination, perforated material, double stitching) + $25 postage.

This is for front and back seats.

Group Buy will close on the 6th of Feb. I will be away as of Sunday the 18th of Jan until the 30th of Jan, but please express your interest and if enough interest I will take payments from 31st of January till the 6thof Feb.

These are not seat covers. They are professional upholstery retrims producing a very tight and deep fit that will bring the seats back to brand new factory leather fitted condition.

It is not slide/throw on type seat covers that normally cause all sorts of fitting issues.

Fitment is done the same way as factory, by attaching to the seat frame, which will result in superior fit that will go all the way into curves and corners. Premium quality automotive reborn leather is used.

Seat covers are fitted once existing covers have been removed with full DIY 'step by step' Installation Guide with instructions provided, including over 150 photographs to help guide the buyer. The application process is really user friendly, it can easily be completed with no special expertise or tools required.

All people interested please PM me your name, car, email address and details of what you what (colour outer, colour inner, colour stitching, logo type, perforated material or not).

I will contact you all for payment after the 30th.

Below are some pictures of the finished product.

Cheers,

Dean

post-54367-1231635059_thumb.jpg

post-54367-1231635074_thumb.jpg

post-54367-1231635081_thumb.jpg

post-54367-1231635088_thumb.jpg

post-54367-1231635096_thumb.jpg

post-54367-1231635103_thumb.jpg

post-54367-1231635111_thumb.jpg

post-54367-1231635118_thumb.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is reborn leather?

Any chance of getting a copy of the instructions, so many kits say there easy but for someone who has never done it before it is not so easy.

Was wondering that too, If it was Vinyl or some kind of synthetic I wouldnt bother, but It sounds like its real leather from an animal, found this on ebay:

Q: Are these real leather or pleather/vinyl? 08-Jan-09

A: Hi, Reborn leather is a by product made from genuine leather. Basically unused leather processed further to make it automotive suitable. During the process some chemicals are added to increase the durability, scratch & UV resistance. The texture, looks & feeling are all exactly the same, you are sure to be impressed. This product is strictly not Vinyl related which is PVC based. We also offer genuine leather which is Aviation quality at around $1500 per set. I suggest with no obvious differences in the material quality go for the reborn leather option. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards Max Ungun PROSEAT Auto Aircraft Marine Interior Centre [email protected] 0417 052 070

Ok can you clarify this for me please.

Are these seat covers that we buy and do it ourselves? Or can we take it in somewhere to get it done? Or do we have to send our seats :S ?

Can you also get door inserts, gear boots, hand brake boots and centre console aswell. (R34 in particular)

Cheers !

MRXTCZ

Hi Guys,

MintR33's answer is spot on with the material used. That is the exact same answer I was given.

I have had heaps of requests for the door inserts etc so I am just chasing up some prices now.

The prices quoted are for both front seats and the back seat as well. It also includes the logo if you wish and the perforated material and or two tone if desired.

These are kits to do yourself and they come with instructions on how to do so. If in Melbourne I am pretty sure an installation process can be arranged for an extra cost.

Cheers

Got some answers regarding warranty etc. This was his reply....

"In terms of warranty, all our retrims come with 1 year warranty against any fading and stitching.

Realistically, UV and scratch resistance agent on the material lasts over 12 years, so the retrims are made for the remaining life cycle of the car.

I have the same retrims in my daily car for 7 years now, no fading, no cracking and no problems with stitching.

We use spun polyester tkt30 thread for stitching, it is premium quality for automotive purposes."

This was the reply with regards to door trims etc...

"Normally 2 door trims material is $50, 4 door trims are $100.

We will reduce this for the group buy to $45 and $90, also there will be enough buffer added for the console lid.

Custom gear boot is $45.

Rear parcel shelf and roof material is $100 each."

Wow so they can do the roof aswell ?

545 + 100 + 45 + 200.

Will get you

Front seats

Rear seats

Gear boot

4 Door trims

Parcel shelf and roof

+ $25 delivery.

Sounds about right :(

So they are DIY. Hmm.. sounds alright i guess.

And installation in Melb.. any guys that can do it in Sydney ?

And price for people who will do it for ya.

MRXTCZ

When I asked regarding this group buy he said he has done group buys before, but not for SAU forums.

Also MintR33 asked if he could do a mix and match set ie. R32 GTR seats front and R33 seats back and this is possible for no extra cost. You guys just need to let me know when making your order.

Well i think he did it for the Soarer forums.

But i dunno, read through the past group buys.. some had trouble, but majority got it pretty right.

I would like to see the installation manual for the R34 please. Based on that i would buy.

MRXTCZ

P.S Ive been looking at these for a while now, got some pics for Skylines opposed to S15's

Mostly R34's ..

post-46821-1231720372_thumb.jpg

post-46821-1231720387_thumb.jpg

post-46821-1231720398_thumb.jpg

post-46821-1231720408_thumb.jpg

post-46821-1231720419_thumb.jpg

post-46821-1231720432_thumb.jpg

post-46821-1231720445_thumb.jpg

post-46821-1231720453_thumb.jpg

post-46821-1231720458_thumb.jpg

post-46821-1231720463_thumb.jpg

post-46821-1231720468_thumb.jpg

post-46821-1231720473_thumb.jpg

post-46821-1231720478_thumb.jpg

post-46821-1231720483_thumb.jpg

post-46821-1231720488_thumb.jpg

post-46821-1231720493_thumb.jpg

post-46821-1231720502_thumb.jpg

post-46821-1231720511_thumb.jpg

I was actually gonna get this for my R34 from the same guy .. I still might because I'd like to get it done sooner if possible as I'm leaving for holidays on the 23rd.

If I don't get it done by then, I'm definately in for the seat sovers for an R34 GT-T, cream with nismo logos (just like the R33 GTST above) with extra material for the door trims.

he used to sell these on nissansilvia.com, about a year ago n i wanted them way b4 i even brought my car... n yer he dissappeared for ages i had his number saved in my phone tried to ring him, he had been overseas... went n saw him the other day n sussed out a pair of seats he was fitting to a r34 n they look pretty good in my opinion... im keen for a group buy... aslong as i have the patients lol, kinda want em sooner then that

I'm very interested here, with an R34 sedan but I'm have a few questions.

Are these available for R34 sedans? (I'm guessing the will be slightly different than the coupes and may not fit the same?)

I'm also really curious how it looks on the edges of the seat where the material ends to make sure its comparable to factory quality and isnt going to look like something's been changed. Better quality/high-res photos from different angles showing the quality of the workmanship would be cool.

Add me to the list .. Max asked me to do that, but I will pay them directly a bit sooner.

Make/Model: Nissan Skyline R34GT-T (2+2)

Outer Colour: Cream BG10313

Inner Colour: Cream BG10313

Double Stitching Colour: Black

Logo Colour: Black/Red (Nismo)

Extra Material Colour/Size: 1sqm

$545 for covers and logos + $50 for extra material for door trims + $25 postage = TOTAL $620

PAYMENT SENT!

Thanks for organizing the GB Dean, saved me $50 :)