SAU Community

Police Correspondence

Nene260RS

as others have said its a step in the right direction but if we want to be serious and get a positive result out of this, then push for SA or all states to be inline with one another and have a mod plate system similar to Qld. chatting to one cop isn't going to stop SAPOLs negative tactics towards car enthusiasts. asking neil on SAPOLs view on a drag strip is pointless, he cant speak for SAPOL but only give his opinion.

a few things I would like to see but i am not holding my breath...is for SAPOL to be pro-active and create an area where car enthusiasts can go and just hang out with out causing an inconvenience on a friday and/or saturday night. something like this- http://forum.roadsmart.com.au/index.php?showtopic=83

i thought to create a better public perception of car enthusiasts, every so often a charity can be nominated and supported through donations? that means SAPOL will have to turn a blind eye to illegal mods and just view and admire our pride and joys that we have poured so much money into :D

also i would like to know why the cops hardly ever pull over those pieces of junk, that have smoke poring out the back of them, bald tyres, no brakes, lights not working etc and then they go after the immaculately modified car? yes we all know about ADR's, but some of the cars ive seen on the roads is a f**king disgrace. to be honest I cannot remember the last time I saw a GENUINELY un-road worthy death trap defected? sorry but i cannot comprehend it :action-smiley-069:;) x10

its uncertain what the outcome with neil will be, but one thing is for certain. i am fast losing any respect i had for SAPOL with their negative tactics. ban low performance drivers NOT high performance cars.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i had a read....

So basically the police have no idea what they are doing? there is no regulations to say what is legal and what is not in SA?

Police have no training on any kind of defects and are not qualified to defect your car at all? what about highway patrol?

So your getting defected according to some rules that the police officer makes up at the time as he goes?

Wow !!

You guys need to stop wasting your time with the police and trying to fix the problem in the police force, thats NOT your job!!. Start going to court. rep yourself and prove to the judge that your car is legal within ADR's.

after you start winning the police might realise there is a problem going on when they start looking very stupid all the time.

can someone give me a explenation of what is actually going on? some info on whos been defected for what.. etc etc

GT, this problem is so much bigger than one low ranking traffic police officer could ever deal with. Neil and the SAU community alone aren't even in the ballpark when it comes to fixing a statewide mismanagement of Light Vehicle Modifications and ADR compliance.

This stuff is MP/Government lobbying territory! It needs people in positions of power and influence, and/or maximum weight of numbers. But it is a starting point, I'll give it that.

The other problem, GT, is the fact that SA legislation is written such that there are loopholes to avoid legal issues from incorrect application of LVM and ADRs. In short, good luck to a lawyer trying to make a case against an incorrectly applied defect from a police officer 'reasonable grounds to suspect' is good enough for them and a court of law. I'm sure Johnny Cochrane could do it, or whatever his name is.. The Chewbacca Defence ;-) Then again, if Transport SA officers were put on the stand and asked to show where it states in legislation that coil-over suspension (as a random example) must not be user height adjustable and there wasn't any...

As I said late last year, and as far back as 2001 (along with others that were aware of the situation) this state need a serious shake up in regards to LVM and the application of ADRs. If I had the time, resources, and connections (or more of them) then I'd take it on singlehandedly, but alas I don't.

I really hope that something can come of this and I would love to see it go beyond the embryonic stage. Imagine the satisfaction in knowing that you assisted in reshaping South Australian history... by helping to introduce new legislation that governed the application and policing of road registered vehicle modifications.

That legal street meet is a good idea but unfortunately some tool here would have to show off and do a burnout and hit a light pole and there goes street meets but until that happens yeah good idea

The latest emails :

Hi Janene,

After speaking with my boss we would like to propose a meeting around the 12-19 February. Could you check out your diaries and see what times and dates would be suitable for you.

I will be on leave and training from tomorrow until the beginning of February.

I look forward from hearing from you.

Neil.

This was my reply

Hey Neil,

Thank you for Contacting me again so soon.

Due to working requirements, I have no choice but to suggest a meeting date and time of Saturday February 14th at 4pm. Would this be suitable for you?

As I'm sure you've been following on our forums, we have slowly compiled a list of points we would like to discuss with you.

Can i ask what sort of out come you seek to achieve from this discussion?

Look Forward to hearing from You.

Janene

0431 *** ***

Just keeping everyone in the loop.

The latest emails :

Hi Janene,

After speaking with my boss we would like to propose a meeting around the 12-19 February. Could you check out your diaries and see what times and dates would be suitable for you.

Neil.

This was my reply

Hey Neil,

Thank you for Contacting me again so soon.

Due to working requirements, I have no choice but to suggest a meeting date and time of Saturday February 14th at 4pm. Would this be suitable for you?

As I'm sure you've been following on our forums, we have slowly compiled a list of points we would like to discuss with you.

Can i ask what sort of out come you seek to achieve from this discussion?

Look Forward to hearing from You.

Janene

0431 *** ***

Just keeping everyone in the loop.

cheers for that and kudo's for all the good work so far

Keep up the good work Nene. :(

Can we atleast put up a list of legitamate questions ?

The meaning of life ? Driving a skyline

Driving a skyline is like

- a box of choclates , you never no which one you might get .

- Monopoly - got dirrrectly to jail- free parking -pay rent-money is power .

- a lottery Waiting for that big win - sorry big twins

Sorry was in my own little world. LOL

The point is as said a million times allready on this thread is defectable ? Be prepared for one

Martins point was well said "If you have mods , dont go on the cruises"

As simple as that !

Positive posts only and only post if you are prepared to stick up for ourselves . After all Nene is sticking up for all of Us

Point was what can we do to help them and help ourselves because were feeling harassed.

Simple , :(

it almost seems like a few people on here expect nene to vent their defect fustrations out on officer neil.

this is not how it will go, nor the most beneficial result to the meeting for all involved

my worry is that the police will just simply deny any bias treatment towards imports, as much as they are open to talking about it in a casual setting, officially i doubt they would admit it, and unless they do there will be no progress made.

i would be happy to go, im not sure what help i could be, im just thinking it might be a bit hard as i dont really know anyone who is involved with this.

Well the meeting date is set and Nene's committed to it. Kudos to ya Nene! :(

But any particular reason you chose Valentine's Day? :(

[resisting hard not to make jokes!] :(

ah... holy crap!!!!!! i forgot about that. lol

I'm married now... valentines day is over for me LMAO

Not really Nene. Ben will get you a little something ... and you can buy him another Xbox game :(

Not really Nene. Ben will get you a little something ... and you can buy him another Xbox game :(

Everyone knows that once u get married that valentines day is just an excuse to fill a wading pool full of green jelly and have thumb wars with your spouse

-D

it almost seems like a few people on here expect nene to vent their defect fustrations out on officer neil.

this is not how it will go, nor the most beneficial result to the meeting for all involved

Start up a posse like this one?

117.jpg

The latest emails :

Hi Janene,

Neil.

sau cruise anyone haha... JOKES!

Edited by rad32