SAU Community

Odd Clunk Sound

Niksmo

sup people

I'v ran into a little problem recently. Whenever i go over a small bumb or driving over small lumps on roads n shit i hear a bang/clunk sound in the left rear of my car. Trying to figure out what the problem is and hopefully find a solution (my guess are the shocky's are buggerd). Any idea's what it might be? and what the best thing to fix it?

Willing to buy coilovers if needs be (was going to anyway.. but not so soon) so suggestions are appreciated to what to buy.

Cheers, Nick :)

Edited by Niksmo

Nick,

Take it to a suspension place, get them to look it over, I'm sure they'll have a much better chance of diagnosing the problem, than people on the forum guessing what the clunck noise means.

I can highly recommend WA Suspensions, but the dude behind the counter is a little suss :(

Cheers

Paul

Nick,

Take it to a suspension place, get them to look it over, I'm sure they'll have a much better chance of diagnosing the problem, than people on the forum guessing what the clunck noise means.

I can highly recommend WA Suspensions, but the dude behind the counter is a little suss :D

Cheers

Paul

Im not suss :(

Feel free to bring it by and id be happy to take a look. It could be something as simple as a bolt being loose. I wouldnt budget on buying coilovers to fix the problem just yet....work out what it is first as it may not even be shock absorber related.

Sounds similar to what's going on with my front left, I need new coilovers but haven't put aside the money for them yet, some days sound dodgier than others but only when it's bumpy. Took it to Brad & one of the guys had a look for me, the shocky was buggered & all the oil had leaked out from it, oh snap

How long have ya had the car mate? Reason I ask is that when I bought my Gts-t I would get a loud thump from the back end when going over speed bumps etc.

Once I got off my lazy butt (after quite some time) and checked it out I found a whole set of wheel nuts inside the back left panel ;)

How long have ya had the car mate? Reason I ask is that when I bought my Gts-t I would get a loud thump from the back end when going over speed bumps etc.

Once I got off my lazy butt (after quite some time) and checked it out I found a whole set of wheel nuts inside the back left panel :(

Yeah that happens from time to time. Always give us a bit of a laugh! However its good that it didnt cost to fix :)

QUite often a bang etc over a bump can be something loose. We always just tighten everything up first and see if the noise goes away. start with the easy stuff!