SAU Community

Black Flagged?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch.... Did they give any of their details? Maybe go discuss it with the local boys... Never hurts in trying although they may pull you over more for complaining about a colleague

Interesting, ive never heard of something like this before.

ummm once a cop pulled me over and told me that he will be putting the word out about me; that he would rip my liscence up into little pieces -Quote

I was going around a bend at 80 (was an 80 zone but recommended speed was 60 for the corner) Bit harsh ey!

Well I don't know about black flags and such, the cops here know me as 'mr no mufflers' lol. I only get dicked when i've got a headlight out, and they then decide to do me for everything under the sun (always interstate cops mind you).

Black Flagged - You'll be followed everywhere, and constantly pulled over.

Changing plates won't help it. It's tagged to your licence + car.

I had to start disappearing a few times smartly after I got done "high speed"... Basically, I was lucky I had friends and family that worked around where I kept getting followed and would just pull in down a long driveway and they'd drive off...

I've never been black flagged before but i've heard alot of the time 'not a persons of interest' on the scanner basicly its towards anything that someones tipped you off or added your name into a certain event on record or being black flagged.

i wouldnt be to worried about it, one of the boys got pulled up the other day for his blinkers flashing to fast and the cop tried serve him with a ticket (all the lights where working just flashing at a faster speed then say my car) im pretty sure all you have to do is change the bulbs to a different wattage, he asked the police officer for his name and badge number, that usallly shuts them up if your confident enough :)

worked alot of the time for most of us boys, do the same thing back to them!

Interesting concept, I've seen the same sort of harassment for a mate who was the unlucky first to be impounded in NSW (second offence, first was in VIC), he got defected 4 times for ride height in his VT when we'd go for a drive with him, this kept up for approximately a year.

Change your plates and if your really keen respray the car a diff colour too.

An intended affect is to modify driving behaviour of the recipient of such a 'black flagging' and make him/her consider before any erratic driving takes place.

Just make sure that your attitude when pulled over is the right one. Be polite and courteous and forthcoming with all requested info when asked.

Make a point of it. Any negative comments on police databases will stick around forever and may colour any officers manner when they pull you over next time, so just be polite.

Sooner or later they will leave you alone if enough cops have a favourable encounter with you and tag you as co-operative and polite.

Remember there is a reason they exist and the number of people who actually give them respect is probably very low, so start a precident.

who knows they might just get the hint that because we drive great looking cars that are usually pretty fast we are not all w*nkers/w*nketts & no longer worth the effort to harass

my 2c

I'm always co-operative and courteous when dealing with the cops. Always makes it easier and you never know it might change their attitude toward modified cars lol :)

Thanks for all the replies guys. Hopefully I won't get hassled too much. At least I know what it means now :)

Change your plates and if your really keen respray the car a diff colour too.

An intended affect is to modify driving behaviour of the recipient of such a 'black flagging' and make him/her consider before any erratic driving takes place.

Just make sure that your attitude when pulled over is the right one. Be polite and courteous and forthcoming with all requested info when asked.

Make a point of it. Any negative comments on police databases will stick around forever and may colour any officers manner when they pull you over next time, so just be polite.

Sooner or later they will leave you alone if enough cops have a favourable encounter with you and tag you as co-operative and polite.

Remember there is a reason they exist and the number of people who actually give them respect is probably very low, so start a precident.

who knows they might just get the hint that because we drive great looking cars that are usually pretty fast we are not all w*nkers/w*nketts & no longer worth the effort to harass

my 2c

If your going the extreme of changing the colour of the car, u might aswell sell it lol but i dont think it would come to that unless you did something really bad and in this case it looks like you havent!

i somewhat agree with you todd about the attitude towards cops 90ish% of the time, if i do get pulled over i always have my licence ready for them saves them waiting and holding you for longer than you have to be there.. always a good start then just answer their questions quickly and honestly as you can i find thats usally the best way to get it over and done.

im not one for smart arse comments but if i think their pushing me to far i'll ask them for their badge number and name (always good to have a pen and paper in the car) then they usally respond with "oh are we going to play that game" dont get me wrong ill show them respect at the start but if they're going to be smart arses i have no time for power hungry police and trust me theres quite a few in bundy.

also my 2c :)

my mate has an xr6t and he's only on his green p's so he's not allowed to drive turbo'd cars (i cant believe he bothered buying it aswell)

His dad drives the car most of the time and he got pulled over once and the cop realised that the car was registered by someone who cant drive turboed cars so he told him that the car has been "black flagged" so now everytime his dad drives it he always gets pulled over coz the cops are tryin to bust my mate

I got pulled over the other day, after i pulled out in front of a car not realising how fast they were going and then tramped it. Luckily the cops were really good, 1 of the 1st things the cop says to me is-

cop" do you know your plates are coming up as a white Ute" (its a silver R34)

me " thats very odd i had white honda b4 this car, i wonder if its getting confused with the blue statesman with "DURTY" NSW plates that tried to buy my "DURTY" WA plates"

Cop "well thats odd, oh and u forgot to take off the LPG sticker off"

me "it is on LPG"

cop "wow, well it couldn't be a turbo then"

me "yeah its a turbo"

cop "wow well i always thought that wasn't possible, u learn something new" "please blow into this, oh and remember to give way next time"

me " Ballajura Cops are tops"

best ever, the two cops were walking around my car checking it out as in like "nice car" not looking for defects which was the biggest shock ever.

now I'm destined to get pulled over again and get a cop at the other end of the spectrum.

regards

chris

I've been black flagged, and so was my mate on the same night, they suspected us racing each other (someone called and dobbed us in) and they came down to where we were and started giving us the 20 questions. Because they didn't see it they couldn't get us for anything, but still said to us that our cars are on a database now.

I get a bit of harassment here and there, but I am always nice to the cops and they just let me go.

im worried about being on one now after monday night

here is my story i posted in the QLD thread

Spotted my self and a mate being Followed by 4 cop cars monday night

we were in some suburb on the north side cruising around at about 2am

came up to a set of traffic lights with some noise my mates exhaust dont help (4" Strait through to cannon) with aliesha driving his car

came around the corner to turn into the mcdonalds to get some food almost to the limiter to see 4 cop cars sitting there so we kept going but they saw(well most likely heard) us so we went around a few back streets but we knew we would have to go back so on the way back as its one of those places where there is only 1 way in and out so they were waiting so when we went up to them the first of the cops was going nuts at me and asking all questions like am i out street racing ect and i just told him the truth we were out driving around then he just started yelling saying how we shouldn't be doing this shit in his suburb and to f**k off home so i went down the street a bit further and spoke to 2 more cops in another car which were both cool with it and said to just keep the revs down at night :D - but aliesha in kierens car wasnt as lucky as when he asked her questions she changed her story a few times and asked for her licence which i cant believe he didn't say or do anything anything as hers is a NSW provisional licence :rofl: but to f**k off home

so basically when we left we had 4 cop cars following us into the city :down: i have never driven so slow in my life

i rate it the luckiest night ever as we could of both had our arses handed to us :cool: especially aliesha with driving a turbo on her P's :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

when i was pulled over in ipswitch for doing a line lock in the. the police officer told me that this is a warning and that they r putting it into the computer that if i get caught again, no matter what car i am in that car will be conviscated.

but maybe i was onyl black flagged in ipswitch or maybe they were joking becoz i have since been givin another warning :)

got me sweating too .. you know the whole thing that runs thru your mind while there walking to your window "oh f**k.. this is it.. no more licence.. time to sell the skyline and buy a track car"

if u know what i'm saying.

well my mates change their plates and dont get hassled anymore. think how they search you on data base.... type in rego, car make model comes up along with that cars notes, inside the notes is the owner ofthe car.... most cops wouldnt bother checking the drivers stats unless they have a reason to... liike you drove illeagally or car has a history of infringements.....

just change plates, and if your dumb cnt enough to get black flagged you most probably deserve it and ware it like a man, other than plates and not giving them a reason to pull you over should be enough