SAU Community

Tinted Headlights!

R34GT-T

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only have one opinion about the concept of applying a light-reducing tint to a surface designed to allow light to pass through it in order for you to see where you're going.

f**king stupid.

Your statement is right but does not apply here!.......................

This product has spent many months inside the labs of University's studying the effects that it has on light passing through the tint. Each colour has been stringently tested under different environments. Each colour made available in Aus will have passed all ADR requirements. The product does not change the properties of light passing through it. They look tinted by day but look white again at night when the lights are turned on. Each car is given a certificate to show that the product used is Crystalite and is ADR compliant. This is what you show the cops when they ask. It won't be long before they are aware of the product and will know to ask you for the certification and leave you alone. They will book those using illegal means of tinting or not holding the Cert.

This product has spent many months inside the labs of University's studying the effects that it has on light passing through the tint. Each colour has been stringently tested under different environments. Each colour made available in Aus will have passed all ADR requirements. The product does not change the properties of light passing through it. They look tinted by day but look white again at night when the lights are turned on. Each car is given a certificate to show that the product used is Crystalite and is ADR compliant. This is what you show the cops when they ask. It won't be long before they are aware of the product and will know to ask you for the certification and leave you alone. They will book those using illegal means of tinting or not holding the Cert.

At least 50% of the cops have absolutely no idea about car modifications - they DO know about photoshop and that certificates can be easily forged, so even if your certificate is legit, they will probably ignore it.

On the side topic - I drove a Holden show car (V8 supercar replica) on the street once with 20% tint all round and on the front screen. Scariest drive of my life.

So it's basically another excuse for a cop to pull you over...

But then you can act like a smartarse and show them your certificate, so they will defect you for something else

I would say your driving style will attract their attention before tinted lights would.

'chubs' that car obviosly has illegal tint. Crystalite goes no where near that dark, ckeck the link in the first post.

So it's basically another excuse for a cop to pull you over...

But then you can act like a smartarse and show them your certificate, so they will defect you for something else

well in that case you shouldnt be driving an illegally modded car then. ;)

Unless you're arguing that this tint does NOT reduce your headlight's light output then my response is an enthusiastic "meh".

"Looks white at night" just means the tint is colour neutral. Big deal. It's still dimmer. ADR approved or not it's still a silly idea.

Unless you're arguing that this tint does NOT reduce your headlight's light output then my response is an enthusiastic "meh".

"Looks white at night" just means the tint is colour neutral. Big deal. It's still dimmer. ADR approved or not it's still a silly idea.

Change the bulbs Einstien!

If the product is ADR approved In a lab, are your eyes going to pick up a difference? So your telling me that when you get bugs and dust on your lights you need to compulsively pull over and wash the lights? Its not a silly idea bugs would make it dull. Im not ragging on you mate you just don't get the concept is all. ;)

ok im preparing to get flamed, i saw one of the new commo ute's in the morpheous purple that had black tinted head lights, pretty sure the ones he had were illegal cause they were black, but it looked hot.

but then again guys how many fkn tools do you see that are driving around at night without realising, "oh i havnt turned my lights on yet" and yes coppers will prob hassle you for it until they learn about it

and +1 for banning saabs, i dont care for what reason just get them out of aus,

another thing ive noticed about this thread is im pretty sure everyone is focusing on the black tint, i reckon the crystal blue tint would look hot as on my black 34 and im pretty sure the cops wouldnt even think twice about any of the colours apart from the black one

Edited by s13_Skyline_inside

A lot of guys get headlight protectors for cars and then tint them black, so that might be what some ppl are seeing.

As for the pic of the GTR posted on this page, the main reason those lights don't look good tinted is cause the front of that car looks like shit.

R34GT-T, if you get it done post up pics.

I have the head training guy coming from WA to showcase the product. Anyone in Queensland that would like a look or info let me know. He is coming mid March. I will take shots of the results and put em up for you all to flame some more.. lol. If you are a car detailer / dent doctor / stripe master or window tinter then this line may interest you as an extra to your business.

not exactly my kind of thing but they do look pretty nice on the euro cars.

i don't see how these are screaming for defects if they are as light as in the original attached photos.

To me the Crystalite Tint looks like just another cosmetic styling like when ppl put clear, LED or black tinted tail lights.

I say leave the headlights as it is, unless it allows your headlights to be brighter, if not its just a screen protector for you lenses.

But if its your car and you want to tint it then go ahead we can't stop you.