SAU Community

Tinted Headlights!

R34GT-T

As promised I will keep you guys informed of any developments. Here are some pics of my first go at the black tint on a D22 Navara Headlight. After rigorous training the navara light is quite a challenge to get right due to the nature of the contours in the lense. I think it looks quite nice compared to the light that is not done. Bare in mind that it is not easy to capture this tint on a camera with a flash as white light penetrates the tint and reflects the chrome background straight back, so to the naked eye it looks a little more tinted than in these shots but you get the idea.

post-38017-1238102582_thumb.jpg

post-38017-1238102600_thumb.jpg

post-38017-1238102615_thumb.jpg

post-38017-1238102640_thumb.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why people are going off about this, how its defectable etc. I understand that if a copper sees the "dark black" tint (and is a tight ass) and decided to pull you over, and you manage to show him its ADR approved, he cannot do shit, but i DO agree that he will most likely look like a dumb ass afterward and try and get you for something else.

Hence on a Skyline forum with the majority of cars being either a 'Skyline' of some sort of Nissan import/tuner, we all probably have some sort of defectable part or system on our car even if its dead stock!

That being said i don't like any of the colours other than the 'controversial' black tint. It does look nice and its suttle, it isnt jet black like that silver R33 that looks like every panel put on it has been done cheaply and tacky.

The way i see it if you think it just adds to the list of trouble you could possibly encounter with the police, than don't even consider it, but its not a bad idea, and it can boost the potential looks of certain models when done professionaly. I would definately be interested if i purchsed another set of new 34 lights for my car :laugh:

Hope the sales and promoting go well for you!

The cops probably wouldnt notice, those colours arent even that dark

Funny you should say that. One of the trained applicators in WA was pulled over in a modified pulsar. Went over the car. The cop never picked the lights which were done in black.

can this stop the 33 lights catchin teh yellow fever?

Yes the tint is a liquid headlight protector that does just that. Sort of like a 2pak resin that goes rock hard. this stuff is imunisation for yellow fever. my CRYSTALITE photo page < check the half light in light blue

I tinted my R32 lights years back.

It wasn't for a road car but was being built for the track. Anyway here's a pic.

abcvqh.th.jpg

But yea, I sort of agree it's stupid tinting headlights if it's going to be for the road.

Edited by Chang

Headlight tinting is for the gays - I even pulled out my ghey HID's for standard globes, cause you can see fk all with projector headlights! Who'd want to make it worse?!

You pulled out HID's and went back to halogen bulbs......they must have been some shit HID's. I can see furthur with my HID's pointed down than i can with my high beams pointed up.

I wouldnt mind a light tint on my headlights after a nice cleanup; the left xenon light on my r34 gtr has a small amount of 'foggy' whatever on the top.

The coloured ones im not a fan of

has anyone ever seen a nissan x-trail with blue tints on the headlights? factory option?

• 2 weeks later...
There is a product called 'crystalite' that now has ADR approved headlight tints. Its not a film but a micro resin that bonds to the light. It is quite expensive because you can't DIY. Needs a qualified Applicator. 5 or so colours and claims to be heaps stronger than the OME light (polycarbonate lenses) surface so scratches are avoided. Tell me what you reckon? click the link!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12281250@N02/

PS. I am considering becoming an applicator.

tinted headlights are velllllyyyy niccce