SAU Community

Video Cameras For Motorsport Use

Roy

any more footage from the radcam?

the footage from the mini's on youtube looks pretty good?

group buy looks to be going pretty slow for these things........what's the story? people holding out until xmas?

Big Crash - Testing the RadCam Mounts! LOL!

Edited by martyboy26

• 2 weeks later...

for those who are interested got an email from race logic the other day

We're emailing to let you know about a special limited time offer for a Video VBOX Pro with our brand new predictive laptimer. See below or click here for details!

vvb-pro-and-oled-l.jpg

Video VBOX Pro with the OLED Predictive Laptiming Display

To celebrate the launch of LineSnap Predictive Lap-Timing (details below) we are offering £500 / €675 / $875 off the normal price for a Video VBOX Pro with 2 cameras and a high contrast OLED lap timing display. This is a rare one time deal that will close on 30th November!

Find out more >

Predictive Laptiming

Our new predictive lap timer with 'LineSnap' technology gives you instant feedback on your driving technique. It takes your previous best lap and gives you a continuous comparison against your current lap, with real time feedback on the time gained or lost around the circuit. Click the video to the right to see it in action in a funcup race at Silverstone!

Unlike other systems, our predictive laptimer works by using GPS position to keep the time accurate to 0.1 seconds whatever driving line you take around the track, even on long circuits such as the Nurburgring. It comes installed in the high-brightness OLED display.

Racing driver Nigel Greensall said..."I've used predictive lap-timers many times but this beats them all because it stays clear and accurate at all times. It's great in races with limited testing, as you don't need to keep stopping to analyse data."

What is Video VBOX?

Video VBOX combines broadcast quality video, accurate GPS logging and stunning graphics in one unit, and comes with arguably the best driver training software available. It's used by professionals and enthusiasts worldwide.

Find out more about our special offer for a Video VBOX Pro with 2 cameras and Predictive Lap-timing display here. Remember it's a saving of £500 / €675 / $875 and it's only available for a limited time!

Find out more >

here is the link http://www.videovbox.co.uk/index.php/buy-o...e/special-offer

Some more RadCam footage shot yesterday..... using supplied external mic, one window down..... doesn't appear all jumpy when playing off the memory card, yep appears a little on YouTube... maybe my connection speed? (ADSL)

Edited by Marlin

mm the vbox is awesome but fk me dead even on special at 2000 pound it's a lot of dough. having said that you do get a lot for your money with 2 cam set-up, timer, logging etc. so I guess if you priced up a vio or rad cam, 2nd camera, logging kit, and say mychron timer you'd be around similar money. the question is do you need all that stuff though?

Sorry, £995 so $1600 AUD + freight/taxes though they may be able to knock off VAT?? Would be worth enquiring.

They're not HD I don't think, but it's a lot of logger for the money in my opinion. It's a nicer option than having a camera setup and a logger setup seperately.

I have to say at $1600 AUD + shipping for the vbox lite with 2 camera heads that's pretty good. I really like having 2 cameras and being able to add track map, gauges etc to the footage easily is very cool. I saw some guys using a vbox at SPA and it seemed fairly simple to set-up and use and I've heard the software is very easy to use.

it's certainly got me thinking....

Yeh, well i got stung GST and VAT for my camera... annoying as it was but using the cam for the first time in UK stung me :ninja: But, looks to have good functionality at that dollar, how often do you really watch the footage on a HD tv etc, rather then PC. So sound becomes just as important if not more then picture quality. If the footage is as good as POV 1.5 then thats good enough

yeah agree. if it's got good sound and the logging capability then not being HD doesn't bother me at all. it's still regular TV quality if not better with the 580L camera head.

all HD does is use up shitloads of memory card. I watched the footage we got on russ's POV 1 on my 46inch full HD bravia and it looked fine to me. I was watching it through my laptop which was plugged in to the TV via HDMI cable. it played nicely and sound was quite good actually.

I think overall at the moment the POVs offer a good package. they are reliable, easy to use, give good (but not spectacular) footage, get great battery life and are priced reasonably.

but for the next step up I'd look at a vbox lite as the logging functionality it offers and the software it comes with make it a much more impressive package. even without the bells and whistles of HD video.

I agree with all of the above. HD is not a concern for me. Honestly, the footage I get from my POV 1 is fine (though sound is shite), and as long as it's as good as that (which I know it is) then it's all good. I pretty much exclusively watch it on my computer anyway so it's no big deal.

With getting money back from selling off the POV 1 cam, it's a very appealing deal indeed.

I have to say at $1600 AUD + shipping for the vbox lite with 2 camera heads that's pretty good. I really like having 2 cameras and being able to add track map, gauges etc to the footage easily is very cool. I saw some guys using a vbox at SPA and it seemed fairly simple to set-up and use and I've heard the software is very easy to use.

it's certainly got me thinking....

Don't forget, youll have to pay 10% GST and clearance costs etc. If you have your heart set on one, then best buy it loaclly for about the same all up cost. At least that way you get local support if you need it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Nooby here...

Whats the best recommendation for budget smart people?

Can we have this as a sticky, but with say, proven good cameras for the money?

Oh, and how does everyone mount them?

All the cameras here are recommended and tested by me for motorsport. Heaps of mounting options too.

RaceRecall.com I won't sell anything that doesn't do the job it was designed for.

Mark, dunno how many times I looked for you on the weekend, and I kept missing you! You need to put some rainbow stickers or something on your Dak Dak so it stands out more. I did pass you on the final transport Sunday in "00", and was waving like a loon, but you ignored me. You bastard. :P