SAU Community

Video Cameras For Motorsport Use

Roy

Its cause the Bluetooth in the Iphone is a HACK version. There is a lot it cant do. Data interchange via Bluetooth on the Iphone isnt enabled either.

The only Bluetooth on Iphone is hands free. Jacks me off as well seeing I have to connect via cable to transfer all my pictures to my PC. Still Android as an operating system is pretty crappy as well.

EDIT:

I just ordered a Mini USB to USB cable so I can see if I can connect to the Camera via cable to the Iphone to see where its aimed ETC.

Will let you know how it goes

Edited by Tektrader69

• 1 month later...

New GOpro is out!

Am going to get one of these now, glad I waited..

Doesn't seem much point in ordering from US GoPro site - $85 bucks shipping..unless you get a few.. $399 local vs $370 from us

1080p 16:9 footage: narrow (90-degree), wide (170-degree) and medium (127-degree) angles

Snap up to ten 11 megapixel photos per second.

Timelapse @ 0.5 sec intervals

Mini-HDMI port, composite out, USB, SD card and HERO ports

Coming Summer: GoPro's WiFi BacPac promises to enable live broadcasting and camera control over WiFi.

The Hero2 kills the original HD Hero's confusing 3-digit code interface in favor of a simple language-based menu.

We've got our stock arriving today. $399 inc free Express delivery

RaceRecall.com

New GOpro is out!

Am going to get one of these now, glad I waited..

Doesn't seem much point in ordering from US GoPro site - $85 bucks shipping..unless you get a few.. $399 local vs $370 from us

1080p 16:9 footage: narrow (90-degree), wide (170-degree) and medium (127-degree) angles

Snap up to ten 11 megapixel photos per second.

Timelapse @ 0.5 sec intervals

Mini-HDMI port, composite out, USB, SD card and HERO ports

Coming Summer: GoPro's WiFi BacPac promises to enable live broadcasting and camera control over WiFi.

The Hero2 kills the original HD Hero's confusing 3-digit code interface in favor of a simple language-based menu.

I have shithouse timing as always. Grabbed a HD Hero about 6 weeks ago because I was in a pinch, works ok but desperately needs an external mic to counter the wind noise....and low and behold here it is :( FARK! Oh well. It will probably catch fire with the rest of my car this weekend anyway :)

I have shithouse timing as always. Grabbed a HD Hero about 6 weeks ago because I was in a pinch, works ok but desperately needs an external mic to counter the wind noise....and low and behold here it is :( FARK! Oh well. It will probably catch fire with the rest of my car this weekend anyway :)

Have you seen those windshield backings you can put on it its like a deadcat for a microphone..supposed to help?

http://oliviatech.com/furry-stickover-windscreen-for-gopro-hd

Might be worth trying

I am not convinced. I used the waterproof housing and there was still loads of wind noise. I ended up caking the iside of the housing with headphone foam and only then did you get a reasonable (not good but bearable) result.

These look at lot better with external mic and all. Do they sync via bluetooth so you can see the view of the camera without ripping out SD Cards?

I am not convinced. I used the waterproof housing and there was still loads of wind noise. I ended up caking the iside of the housing with headphone foam and only then did you get a reasonable (not good but bearable) result.

These look at lot better with external mic and all. Do they sync via bluetooth so you can see the view of the camera without ripping out SD Cards?

The bluetooth thing is something they are working on, but we won't see anything for a while.

Looks tiny. Wonder how they squeeze the quality out of such a small physical sensor! Pretty impressive

If you're quick. Yes.

Wooo..Got the Hero2 delivered today..thanks for the surprise martyboy you sneaky bugger :)

gopro have released their version 2. 11 meg vs previous 5 meg. and full hd video vs previous hd.

external mic input which is what everyone has been screaming for.

same price too.

Edited by tk80