SAU Community

Skylines Aus Forget About Motorvation?

Ricochet

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why in gods name was the only skylines there part of antilag???

maybe get in early for next year and get a sauwa tent set up???

I'll be there next year, whether as part of SAU or not I dunno.

P.S. Steve Jones' 34 drops a mean skid lol

Maybe the skyliners were afraid they wouldn't be able to drop a decent skid.. afterall, that's what motorvation is all about :angry:

skylines cant lift the front end when you hit the accelerator.......

Entries for motorvation are done way more in advance than autosalon, so planning is usually around ~6 months before, so probably for next year I will get an EOI from sauwa members & if we have enough then there can be a club entry, I want to enter my car in it as well. As for this years event thinking back to that time last year there didn't seem to be too much interest, even for autosalon I expected more than what we got. Some people seem to think that there car isn't good enough or something like that, fair enough some need more but it's as a club, so showing off the range of cars is what it's about. If people are keen, they need to let everyone know!

Edited by ossie_21

ric motorvation has been really going down hill in the last few years the import scene seems more towards auto salon but hey when the car finished i may enter see if they have picked it up more

^^ FAIL.

motorvation > autosalon. in my opinion autosalon is extremely over rated and over priced.

^^ FAIL.

motorvation > autosalon. in my opinion autosalon is extremely over rated and over priced.

Reaper there are so many pros on Motorvation over Auto Salon I don't know where to begin. Actually showing your car off without it being static, camping, BYO, free dyno, driving events, all for $115 are the first things that come to mind.

We had a 491hpatw R32 GTR, R33 Vspec N1, V-Spec 2 GTR, my GTT, Dani's 'angr33', Supra and an Autech Stagea that was the crowd pleaser. Also remember the standard for Motorvation is MUCH greater than that of Auto Salon. Props to Antilag for the quality imports visually and performance wise they had on show there. Look at the time and money put into those V8s and you can see why most of those get chosen over the imports that try to enter.

It was a good weekend. Antilag party was nuts. Security stopping the supra from dropping a burnout, and everyone jumpin on security and pullin him off the car, then everyone fliipped the 4 wheeler security bike, pretty stupid but i admit i still laughed.. lol. :angry:

Orange drift ceffy ripped the meanest burnout I've seen from an import ever.

As always jap turbos were largly outnumbered. hopefully I have the R next Motorvation, it was a good weekend still.

I was the guy wearing the I Luv white girls tee at antilag party if anyone was there. I bailed after the free tequila shots. Dug my own grave. Was a train wreck for Sunday. Accidently drove home without screwing my plates back on lol woops. :(

Some pics from our stand..

DSC01709.jpg

DSC01713.jpg

DSC01715.jpg

DSC01716.jpg

DSC01723.jpg

DSC01726.jpg

DSC01729.jpg

densgtr1.jpg

densgtr.jpg

last 2 are the best... those who were there know why. ;)

Edited by Magic

its takes afair bit of work to organized everything for an event like motorvation, and as mention before you need to get your enters in early. The SAUWA committee does a great job but they do have day jobs; so its not always easy to enter every event

smoke machine :wave: lol

I saw the switch but the look on Dens face had me going!

lolololololololololololololololol

i thought there was something up with the smoke not smelling like oil

342Four, got you too. :wave:

its takes afair bit of work to organized everything for an event like motorvation, and as mention before you need to get your enters in early. The SAUWA committee does a great job but they do have day jobs; so its not always easy to enter every event

Very true. Because we are all close friends in our club who entered (although we are an open club), it was easier, mind you still stressful to organise everything and come to agreements on who's chipping in for things such as booze, marquee, bbq, gas, smoke machine/strobe lights, banners, tents, food & drinks, support vehicles to bring all this stuff in, support vehicle drivers, sorting out who needs to move their cars out the way so individual cars can attend their driving event. You need to do a lot of liasing with each other to get it all sorted and organised before and during the event, and I think if SAU was to do something like this, I'd imagine it to be really hard to pull off, not saying that it's not possible, just hard. Michael I'm sure you get what I mean. :)

And here's a video of that bombed Cefiro dropping a burnout. That's Michael's V Spec N1 in front of me with a rooted ATESSA, 2wd action. :D

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep2jjIo9CLA

Edited by Magic

And here's a video of that bombed Cefiro dropping a burnout. That's Michael's V Spec N1 in front of me with a rooted ATESSA, 2wd action. :wave:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep2jjIo9CLA

thats one of the WA drift teams cars.....adam trewhella???

did you see steve jones rip a massive skid in the 34gtr??

Yeah Borneos' car.. fkn hot and it's a 25/30 too so it must be a winnah :wave:

I thought I had Steve Jones' 34 dropping the huge skid on video but I must have been a douche when filming as it's not there :)

I do have the fight that happened during the burnout comp and VERY clear footage of the stubby bouncing of a guys head! lol

I thought I had Steve Jones' 34 dropping the huge skid on video but I must have been a douche when filming as it's not there :wave:

2 words

pineapple express......lol

dude - did that fight happen after i left??

bummer...............

Dude, are you a member of SAUWA ?

We've organised a MV for SAUWA before, almost no interest, therefore we didn't bother this year.

If the members want it then we will happily organise it, however alot of people talk about it but when it comes down to it pull-out at the last minute. Why didn't you speak up earilier (like 6months ago) if you wanted to be in MV 2009 with SAUWA ?