SAU Community

R34 Head Lights... Interchangable Btwn All Models?

iR34GTR

Hey guys,

Im trying to find out if R34 head lights are interchangable (with modding) between models (GT / GTT). More so interested if they all fit the GTR?

Any physical or visual differences between all head lights?

- I would assume that non xenon heads do not have the "Xenon" lettering in the low beam housing

- GTRs have the "silver" trimming around the edges of the low + high beam housing and GT & GTT heads are just black??

- Indicators look different

Correct me if im wrong

Any other differences?

Will end up buying a set so I can do some custom work and retrofit a pair of S2000 projectors into the low beam housing for a mates GTR. Havent heard or seen this done before. Hope to be the first!

Thanks in advance,

Stevo

Okay, with the headlights of the R34 GT/GTT these are the only thing I can noticed the differennce is the Park Light (Outter bit of th light)

GT:

3078393.jpg

GTT (this is a series 2 front bumper for R34):

R34_Bonnet_Lip.jpg

I Prefer the second picture headlights (GTR's have the same), but you see some GTT with the first picture headlights.

hope that helped?

Edited by viet_boi

Yeh as above first are non xenon halogen lights and the second are the xenon factory option. The hid gets cut out but mine were just convered back to halogen bulbs during compliance. I still have the xenon lights however and they are back to HID.

Personally I think the Xenons look by far the best!

As for the silver trimming, the xenons in the GTTs have the same trimming, its not black like you suggested

Edited by Granthem

• 4 weeks later...

I had a look at your other threads since I figured you wanted to do a projector retrofit...

A dude on GTR.co.uk has done the projector retrofit;

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/member-christianr.html

newgtr1.jpg

newgtr6.jpg

newgtr9.jpg

newgtr12.jpg

Looks a bit retarded to be honest, and the R34 already has a nice cutoff, so I don't really see the point...

Unless you just want to do it to be unique, then by all means, go ahead, it should be an interesting project :P

I had a look at your other threads since I figured you wanted to do a projector retrofit...

A dude on GTR.co.uk has done the projector retrofit;

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/member-christianr.html

newgtr1.jpg

newgtr6.jpg

newgtr9.jpg

newgtr12.jpg

Looks a bit retarded to be honest, and the R34 already has a nice cutoff, so I don't really see the point...

Unless you just want to do it to be unique, then by all means, go ahead, it should be an interesting project :)

Thanks for sharing.

Thats the first ever retrofit Ive seen done to R34 heads. But it looks like the donor heads are the Non-Xenon ones due to the look of the parkers. In my opinion the housing should have been painted black with the silver trimming (Xenon look). The gap around the "low beam" housing looks too big. A "shroud" to cover this gap up would have looked better.

The only thing im going to do with this project is replace the "low beam" chrome reflector with the S2000 projector. I will fabricate a shroud out of fibre glass, using stockings to form the shape and paint it black to blend in with the rest of the housing. Try and keep looking OEM as possible :thumbsup:

If you have ever seen the width and sharpness of an S2000 cutoff line you'll know why im opting for this projector.

Currently doing a quad projector setup on my Evo VII, so im no stranger to custom retrofits.

and yes! S2K is one of the projectors

Does the S2000 use the same projectors as the Accord Euro?

I remember reading about retrofits a few years back when I wanted to do one on my previous car and the Accord Euro projectors were held in a very high regard.

Also, everyone seemed to want the Infiniti Q45 projectors as well, the ones that are like gattle guns lol

hids.jpg

Got any pics of your quad projector retro fit into the Evo?

Dont the Evo 7's come with a projector as well, what are the other 3 for?

Does the S2000 use the same projectors as the Accord Euro?

I remember reading about retrofits a few years back when I wanted to do one on my previous car and the Accord Euro projectors were held in a very high regard.

Also, everyone seemed to want the Infiniti Q45 projectors as well, the ones that are like gattle guns lol

hids.jpg

Got any pics of your quad projector retro fit into the Evo?

Dont the Evo 7's come with a projector as well, what are the other 3 for?

S2000 pros are different to Euro. These are the top 2 OEM projectors to come out of the east. S2K has a slightly wider beam pattern and has more color flicker at the cutoff than euro. But you certainly pay for it. Euro is a good bang for buck projector.

Infiniti Q45 projectors:

yeah heard about these projectors but have never seen light output pix

I will be running:

- Infinity FX35 Bi-Xenon (low & high beamn) projectors in the "low beam" housing

- S2K AP1 Xenon (low beam) projectors in the "high beam" housing

- fog light left standard

Ive got a thread on my custom heads on the EvoOz forum, but I dont thing ppl here would wanna see Evo VII heads on a Skyline forum :thumbsup:

Yes, VII heads do have projectors but they dont match the width and colour of an S2K. I want the best!!!

What do you mean other 3????