SAU Community

My R34 Gtr Purchase Story - Thanks Richard (beer Barron)

congrats, looks to be an awesome example of an R34 GTR...

What area do you live in? looks beautiful, PM if you rather not post...

-Ryan

Cairns, North QLD. Im on the edge of the city/industrial area.

I'm glad you arrived home safely mate. The car definitely got the buyer it deserved which says a lot about yourself and the car. as for what it sold for guys it doesn't really matter. he was happy, i was happy (ish!) so that's all that counts. :P and you were a pleasure to deal with too mate and very patient with all the running around etc.

great pics and little journal of the drive too. I'm pleased she treated you so well on the way home too. luck there is 100 J-pop albums in the "m catcher" as you must have needed nearly all of them on a drive that big.

I can't wait to see pics with the new headlights. :P

congrats man. if thats your house ud be a very lucky man waking up to that view over the city then opening the shed up and having an r34 gtr staring at you.

I wish it was my house!

Its the highest house in Cairns, on top of the tallest hill closest to the coast. Probably 10Mil worth easy. Funny thing is that nobody lives there. They just pay to have the place maintained like a millionare would. So its always made a great photograph place.

Nice buy Ian!

Dammit I wish I had of known you were cruising through Rocky in it, I would have been parked on the highway waiting for a glimpse!

Very lovely car, its amazing how perfect they look stocko.

Treat it well like I am sure you will. I am no longer on QSS, i got banned for nothing so its good to still be kept up to date on your cars.

Cheers, Grant

Congrats mate.

Perfect example of how a 34GTR should be.

Im sure you will giggle like a school kid everytime you get in it.

I dont giggle but it definatly puts a smile on my face. :P

Nice buy Ian!

Dammit I wish I had of known you were cruising through Rocky in it, I would have been parked on the highway waiting for a glimpse!

Very lovely car, its amazing how perfect they look stocko.

Treat it well like I am sure you will. I am no longer on QSS, i got banned for nothing so its good to still be kept up to date on your cars.

Cheers, Grant

Im not sure what time it was when I passed through Rocky but I think i had lunch there at a war mermorial on the north side around 12:30 or something. I left Gympie saturday morning around 8am I think.

Yeah the slighly lowered stance and wheel spacer to fill the guards make all the diference. Im fitting the new lights this weekend. Had a look last night and it turns out the entire front end needs to come off the car to access a mounting bolt on the headlight assembly that is located at the outer side of the light (between the guard and the parker light). I think thats going to take quite a bit of time to do properly and carefully.