SAU Community

Finally

Roy

From PistonHeads

..Right let’s get one thing straight. There are hundreds, nay thousands, of modified Nissan GT-Rs out there and this looks just as Barry as the rest.

But whereas just another exhaust/ECU/wheel change may be easy to overlook, the changes to this GT-R really are worth a mention. For a start the car no longer has power going to all four wheels.

Yes, this is the world’s first RWD Nissan GT-R and by binning the all-wheel drive system tuner Blitz has addressed one of the car’s biggest problems – its weight. Sadly we don’t have any figures but thanks to the removal of air conditioning and a number of other components this R35 should be considerably lighter.

So that’s it – one crazy conversion for this GT-R. Er, well actually there’s two. The standard car’s flappy paddle gearbox has been replaced with a Hollinger sequential ‘box, and a Nismo GT R34 LSD has been thrown in for good measure.

The engine is unchanged but there is a Blitz back box. Blitz has also fitted its own ZRR dampers at all four corners, along with a set of BRW09MAG forged magnesium wheels.

01_blitz-gtr_580op-L.jpg

d1 eh? wouldn't superGT be a little more important than some pissy flash in the pan fad?

some how i dont think its a fad

been around since the late 80's and still going strong now, and has a relative large market overseas (us, europe, south-east asia area)

That Blitz R35 will be ken nomura's drift car for the 2010 D1 Series. Blitz should badge it the Nissan GTS-R, maybe. Either way, can't wait for it to get sideways next year. Admittedly the Super GT cars are not AWD (bring back the Group A R32's!!!), and from next year will be using the VK45DE V8 that the previous 350z's used and which the FIA Le Mans GTR will also utilize, seems the vr38 isn't as venerable as one would hope.

tas09-gtrblog-blitz-2.jpg

tas09-gtrblog-blitz-4.jpg

tas09-gtrblog-blitz-1.jpg

The GT cars are rwd but they are not really R35s when you look at what is under the skin. LOL to people that complain about puchrods etc, i am pretty sure the R35 has pushrods, pullroads etc :)

what do you mean by this?

I bet nomuken (drinking dog) will finally take the crown for D1GP this year. love to see it drift. BLITZ might need to bring more tyres to each event! and hand out gas masks to the crowd. but this car still might be heavier than his current R34 (1200~1300Kg?) weight makes more smoke tho. any info on it's weight? it's a good thing he weighs around 40kg. haha

I bet nomuken (drinking dog) will finally take the crown for D1GP this year. love to see it drift. BLITZ might need to bring more tyres to each event! and hand out gas masks to the crowd. but this car still might be heavier than his current R34 (1200~1300Kg?) weight makes more smoke tho. any info on it's weight? it's a good thing he weighs around 40kg. haha

BAHAHAH!.. Gasmasks.

Yeah.. its a little over 1200kg his R34.

Im of the opinion he should of won a couple of times now.. He is without a doubt the best crowd pleaser..

He is such a knob!.. He reminds me a monkey with red hair..

I love him..

mm nomuken is my favourite drifter, mainly for old time sakes, i loved him and his car when i first started getting into drift around 2002ish. but realistically there are better upcoming drifters that have passed him in what is expected in D1 today.

he's awsome thats for sure! I think tires let him down a couple of times. his tires were all bald by the last race and lost grip in the last corner and came second best:( poor nomuken. He's always an under dog in his 4door too. true champ and a funny guy

Just got the V-Opt DVD's of last years(2008) D1, literally watching now, at one point, the commentators are in the pits, showing Nomuraken's 2007 and 2008 R34's side by side, didn't think/know there were more than 1. As much as I love seeing the 34 being competitive, I do think that both Kawabata(Toyo S15) & Kumokubo(Orange WRX/EVO) are better drifters. I still want Nomura to kick ass... It's a pity Drift Australia got diminished(F#%!), would have love to have seen the D1 guys come to Oz, not just a few Demo's at QLD Raceway.

Attached is an early shot of the er34 in development, I believe pic was taken 2004/2005. Looks great!

post-58493-1233807081_thumb.jpg