SAU Community

Respray

Guest DARKRB

i work at a crash repairer and i can tell you it is not cheap. would be cheaper staying the same colour than changing the colour. doing the engine bay will add alot more money to the job too.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest CleanAndSimple

yeh decided that i dont need a respray, just want 2 blends fixed on pillars, a door and sideskirt, rear and front bar ... still cost 2g i reakon :(

i work at a crash repairer and i can tell you it is not cheap. would be cheaper staying the same colour than changing the colour. doing the engine bay will add alot more money to the job too.

so how many slabs of beer will it take to have you respray the nose of my car, just touch up stuff and a ding , I dont have the gear here to do a proper job or the clean area to do it.lol

you should never mention skills, maybe would could trade skills if you need anything done..?

Car Cosmetics at Lonsdale they are awsome and very well priced ...

Im going to say it and i dont care if it gets taken down or what ever.

That dude is shit, plain and simple. He done my GTR, had some rust where the rear right mudflap screws to the body. I told him i wanted it cut out and sprayed as i will keep the car for a while, and i had to go through regency (for an unrelated defect but i dont want dodgy shit) I got it back and was just full of fiber fill, topped off with bog and painted. I confronted him about it and he didnt want to have a bar of it and said i told him to fiber fill it, haha ok what ever.

I ended up going to extensive restorations at lonsdale, they cut the inner and outer skin out and made new ones and welded it in, much better. Cost the same amount as bringing to BOGmetics too.

If you want someone skilled in the art of bog sculpting go to car cosmetics, i think its all he knows.

Edited by GTR1993

To save making another thread.....anyone got a rough idea on how much it will cost to get the holes in the front guards for the side indicators covered (Preferably metal as they are standard guards)?

Best to just take them to a local welding shop and ask them if they will do a cashy. it shouldn't take them long to do, should only cost an hour or two of labour. Then just give them to paint shop and they will be able to bog them up and smooth them out.

Performance Spray Painting & Crash on stanbel rd, salisbury plains.

They just did my HR31, new roof skin, closed doors respray but colour change, some old front damage fixed, welded up holes in boot and where antenna was, rust cut out behind tail light = $5200 (including remove + replace all windows and seals)

I used to work there and only ever saw top quality work in that place. The owner, George is a gun spray painter with some of the best blending/colour matching skills ive ever seen. And doesnt charge through the asshole.

Has sprayed plenty of old classics and show cars too