Organised Street Racing ?!

craig R33

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pretty sure i read something along the same lines on ns.com a few months back!

Same.

"Yo dawg, 2g buy-in?"

"Yeh either that or you go home"

"Dont worry, its all there"

"Betta be or u'll be eatin through a straw for a few weeks"

my first thoughts when i saw the title was, rofl, but after reading, its just a lol.

Seems like a decent chance for some dodgy people to make an easy 20k. It really isnt hard to make quality fliers, even if your a dumbass drug dealer. It means the person who dropped the card can be very selective about who meets where, they could name 20 locations for 20 people with 2k cash each, and i doubt they take Visa. Not like if you got robbed you could go to the cops "yeah i was invited to this illegal organised street race for the chance to win 20k by dragging my illegal car down a public road, and i got mugged, help"

Sounds, as Troy said, more like an American cop tactic. Sapol has bigger shit to deal with.

It definately is Craig, stuff like that doesn't happen to you everyday. Shit, maybe this is for real? If the government can have secret underground bunkers at the RAAF base, well i assume anyway :blink:, then a bunch of kids with too much money can meet for 30 mins, win 20k, and be done with it.

This was the organiser of the last meet:

fast%20and%20the%20furious.jpg

Went really well. Managed to Pink Slip this car:

VW-Fast-And-The-Furious-Jetta-400.jpg

Until this dick came along and raced me:

The-Fast-and-The-Furious-Tokyo-Drift_im1.jpg

Along with his woman with the square face:

fast06040622.jpg

But it doesn't matter how you race your car, it's how you stand by your car:

furious_l.jpg

In the end, I stood back, and watched these 2 race the quater mile:

fast-and-furious.jpg

But then this happened:

fastfurious1.jpg

So now I'm stuck with this knob:

2%20Fast%202%20Furious-5.jpg

But, it can't be all that bad...

fftd_2.jpg

...Or can it?!?!

fast0604063.jpg

F************************ck!!

Realistic organised street race is:

Entry fee - one tank of fuel and a knob on ya forehead

Prize - speeding ticket, loss of licence, car impounded, butt of all jokes for the next month ... but you could always go to ns.com for sympathy and start a cop hating posse.

Edited by RubyRS4

Cronic, +10 points to Gryffindor!

The difference between this and the one on ns.com is we have the number, they never posted the number on NS. I think if anyone gets a txt reply immediately call them, since if its a real phone (and not computer generated) the owner will most probably have it turned on, so it'll ring, and hopefully answer.

But I have been warned about a mugging technique. Forgot if someone told me in person or it was on NS or here or where, but pretty much they put something on your wipers, you get in the car, start the engine/put phone and wallet down/etc then see the paper. so you then get out of the car and the scum jump from the bushes into your car while you're getting the paper and either steal your shit, bash you, steal your car, whatever. The paper is just something to take your attention and get you out of the car.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure I'd see some paper before I get in the car.

The trick was that the paper/letter would be stuck to the back window. So you'd be out the car at the rear of it, when the thief nicks it.

If you see any note attached to your car, deal with it later.

Or continue to walk past your car is if its not yours, but remove the note on the way thru, screw it up and toss it. Then see if anyone comes out of a hiding spot within the next minute or so.

If you actually read it, it doesn't state that its street racing. Who's to say they aren't hiring out Goolwa Air Strip and using it for drags? Been done quite a few times by Torana club - might be legitimate form of racing.....

but still a wankerish way to promote it.

Now theres a thought ...

Why don't we hire out an air strip for some drag racing? Cars and Bikes to make it economical.

I could check out whats involved with items like disclaimers and insurances etc. :P

Nothing is worth the paper its written on anymore. But I'm going to contact the CAMS office and find a bit more info. I might even start with Cafe Racers and mock up a form like theirs. I'll get my MA competitors log book out and find out more.

Once I know liability issues are sorted, then I'll see if we can 'borrow' an airstrip for a day. Client of ours has an airstrip down at Goolwa way ... see if I can invite him out to lunch for a chat. He'd wanna be assured we have insurance for the day, and not rely on him being liable.

Edited by RubyRS4