SAU Community

Gauge Setup For Bnr32 Daily-driving

Frankly, don't see the point if it's a "daily". The car comes with oil pressure, water temp and boost gauges - why do you need to duplicate them. And the oil temp isn't likely to get out of control.

But if you must ...

Standard water temp guage is useless as. Even when I was hitting just on 100degC it hadn't moved from the middle.

I'd recommend an oil pressure gauge, and probably an oil temp gauge. The oil pressure for being so much more reliable, and the oil temp for actually knowing when your engine is properly up to temp.

I'm running aftermarket exhaust temp, oil temp, and boost gauge. All things not available in my car from factory. Oil pressure will be the next fitted.

Standard water temp guage is useless as. Even when I was hitting just on 100degC it hadn't moved from the middle.

I'd recommend an oil pressure gauge, and probably an oil temp gauge. The oil pressure for being so much more reliable, and the oil temp for actually knowing when your engine is properly up to temp.

I'm running aftermarket exhaust temp, oil temp, and boost gauge. All things not available in my car from factory. Oil pressure will be the next fitted.

Wouldn't fuel pressure be more important if i'm running an OEM Fuel pump( the fuel pump is know to die if reving too high no?) over an Oil pressure??

Anyways, people told me to get an oil pressure but I don't really get why? can you explain me the danger of having a too high oil pressure?

Thanks

P.S: I'm getting these gauges because I might start lapping this summer, if not It will be in 2 years but anyways I prefer the look of STRI gauges than the triple OEM gauge.

Oil Pessure is probley one of the most important things to watch if you wanna start lapping the track.

To make sure you are getting enough oil pumping as your engine and turbos rely heavily on it while thrashing it down the track.

Oil Pressure will only go up when you start up the car and revving it down the track.

From then on it varies, depending on the track, how fast you drive and how heavy you accelerator foot is.

It only goes down when the car is on idle.

(In my opinion) As for the gauges I recommend for track would be,

Oil Pressure gauge (As said above)

Oil Temp gauge (To check how hot your oil is getting, if its gets very hot, you best install an oil cooler to keep it at stable / lower temp so you engine and turbos perform smoother)

Water Temp gauge (To monitor and make sure the engine does not get too hot and over heat)

Boost gauge (To make sure you car is boosting at the level you want it to)

My water / oil temp usually sit at 70, sometimes upto 80 degrees, but slowly, unless you have a cooling problem (or when you get out of traffic and get some airflow the oil cooler may drop the temps).

Oil pressure changes with acceleration, so that's going to move quite a bit...