SAU Community

R35 Gtr Uncool? Top Gear Thinks So

Dani Boi

Do you agree with Top gear that the R35 is Uncool?  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Def. Cool - fashionably attractive or impressive

Basically equates to conformity, to hell with that.

Agreed!, Last night I actually saw the cool wall segment on the GT-R and Clarkson justified his decision on 2 points, first, if the GT-R was a musical instrument he said it would be an electric key board not some 'cool' axe guitar that you dreamed of playing when you were a kid. If I'm not mistaken, after his time with the GT-R he initially had a view/expectation that it was a very 'electronic' experience, dull infact. Then he took it to the race track and CHANGED his view completely, he said something along the lines that it was a "very organic or analogue experience" not what he'd expected at all- car blew him away. Jay Leno said the same thing as well. So I was amazed that when it came to the cool wall, he ignored everything HE said about the GT-R and went along with the old cliche that it was like a computer (????)WTF!!

Second, he said for all it's talents..people ask what you drive..and you'd say a Nissan...end of story...uncool. Now back to the point about comformity, I thought THAT would have made it cool, becuase it is a Nissan and you are not being as they say 'a cock' and buying and Audi or a Beemer, you are not conforming to the norm!. You've bought it becuase you don't conform and YOU KNOW that is as good as a Porsche (if we were to be kind) or actually rather better than a Porsche (if we were being honest).

So here is a Car that is good as any Porsche Turbo (at nearly 1/3 the price), drives like a 'real car' (the orgainic, analogue driving experience), that is driven by real car enthusiasts, (not balding men in a mid life crises or fashion confming cocks)...and that makes it uncool? Looks like Top Gear have gone AGAINST their own criteria!!! = FAIL

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here is a Car that is good as any Porsche Turbo (at nearly 1/3 the price), drives like a 'real car' (the orgainic, analogue driving experience), that is driven by real car enthusiasts, (not balding men in a mid life crises or fashion confming cocks)...and that makes it uncool? Looks like Top Gear have gone AGAINST their own criteria!!! = FAIL

Do you even know what Top Gear's criteria for the cool wall even is?

A cool car is basically a car to impress chicks, something the R35 does badly. Everything that the GT-R does well is not only of complete disinterest to women, but probably something they'd actively want to avoid.

Try and pay attention to what they've actually said over the last 12 seasons of Top Gear, because it's a point they repeatedly ram home. You'll see they put plenty of cars they all personally like uncool, because they know that it'll make you look like a dweeb and/or repel members of the opposite sex.

This decision matches their cool wall criteria.

False fail call = epic fail

Thanks for playing.

thats bullshit dude..........

when it first was released they were ranting and raving about how good it is....

and the episode where Jeremy Clarkson pulled his neck on it because it was that quick on the track....

now its uncool?

stupid tosers.....

Do you even know what Top Gear's criteria for the cool wall even is?

A cool car is basically a car to impress chicks, something the R35 does badly. Everything that the GT-R does well is not only of complete disinterest to women, but probably something they'd actively want to avoid.

Try and pay attention to what they've actually said over the last 12 seasons of Top Gear, because it's a point they repeatedly ram home. You'll see they put plenty of cars they all personally like uncool, because they know that it'll make you look like a dweeb and/or repel members of the opposite sex.

This decision matches their cool wall criteria.

False fail call = epic fail

Thanks for playing.

Ok, can you care to explain how does a FIAT Panda impresses 'chicks'? (that's a 'cool' car) There are alot of cars that impress chicks they deemed to be uncool. They will say a ferrari or lamborghini convertible is uncool becuase it is driven by old balding gits...but I have relos with Ferrari's and they DO actually impress the opposite sex! suprise suprise!. I went for a drive along a few years back, we were in a 348, there were 2 F355's and a Diablo Vt 6.0...and 2 of the fellows 'picked up' 2 very good sorts in city traffic!...and no, they weren't pros! My cousin explained this is quite normal.

Furthermore I picked up, JC CONTRADICTED himself re GTR's drive feel. that's a fail on his behalf. When he drove it properly he said it was any but the Play Station car he expected..and this was ONE of his mains reasons to deem it uncool!, the other was ..becuase it was a 'Nissan'. Since when has the badge stopped a car from being cool or uncool?..once again FIAT Panda

Personally I doubt there are enough GT-R's on UK roads to get a real public reaction reaction...

...but let me tell you, I was at Nissan HQ on business yesterday and they had the red GT-R in the front car park (the car displayed at Sydney Motor show i think). Out in the open it looked HUGELY impressive, very sexy, in fact I reckon both men and women will be walking into lamp posts when it arrives in Aus. If I'm not mistaken this very thing occured on Australian Top gear when "yeah mate" Steve Pizzati drove it thru sydney. that was a grey/silver car. The red car I saw yesterday looked far sexier..

Their cool and uncoll is not to be taken seriously, last night at the show they put the Aston Martin DB9 in uncool and the new Lambo in the same category, the lambo was put there because Clarkson owned one and as such made it instantly uncool.

Don't take it so seriously...they don't.

That wall is the Bizzaro world cool wall.

In that same episode the volvo wagon went straight to ultra cool area.

Anything that is placed 'near' the volvo wagon is uncool. So the object is to get away from it. I should know I owned a 70's volvo wagon and mine had a worked V8 in it. Even that was an offence to look at. :)

To be frank i hope it is "uncool" but with all the hype surrounding the car, not to mention Nissan only bringing in about 100 R35's next year now, they willbe a rare beast on Aussie roads. Kind of worries me actually, i dont fancy being car jacked.