SAU Community

Redline Shock Proof Problem

PIOTREK

Well i have spent ages trying to work out why my gear box keeps spilling fluid out through the breather in the gear box. No seals are leaking, its just coming out of the breather. It didn't happen with the previous fluid that was in there only once i put the shock proof stuff in.

Once i changed it, i poured almost the full bottle in, 3.6L roughly. Since then it just has been leaking, so i ran an rubber hose to the top of the engine bay, so most of the time this is enough to stop it. It hasn't and now i'm considering changing to another type of gear box fluid as it sh*ts me to tears.

anyone had simular problems? cause its meant to be good stuff.

Anyone got/had simular problems?

Thanks in advance

did you fill it correctly through the filler hole and not through the shifter and guess the amount of fluid?

if it is filled correctly, i.e. correct level, running out of filler hole with the car level, then change to another fluid.

redline is over rated in my books anyway.

did you fill it correctly through the filler hole and not through the shifter and guess the amount of fluid?

if it is filled correctly, i.e. correct level, running out of filler hole with the car level, then change to another fluid.

redline is over rated in my books anyway.

Nar mate it was filled via the shifter from the cabin, but i unscrewed the bolt on the side of the gear box (filler?) and the fluid level seems ok.

I have always run smurf blood in my R33 with no issues.

I would suggest that there is too much oil in the box. Park the car on a level site and remove the filler plug on the side of the box to drain out any excess oil.

Is this a GTR or GTS-T?

The shifter goes into the transfer case on a GTR, so if you filled the transfer case youve mixed ATF and synthetic, and are running your gearbox dry.

And... I think the GTS-T's are supposed to use Redline ultra-lite weight, not the light weight. Its more like an ATF oil that is used in the R34 getrags as wel.

Is this a GTR or GTS-T?

The shifter goes into the transfer case on a GTR, so if you filled the transfer case youve mixed ATF and synthetic, and are running your gearbox dry.

And... I think the GTS-T's are supposed to use Redline ultra-lite weight, not the light weight. Its more like an ATF oil that is used in the R34 getrags as wel.

Its just a single turbo! and i done my research and everyone said its fine, plus mechanics, redline and search engine

But thanks anyways!!!

I just realised that i'm gonna try a rachet so i can adjust the angle and on the way home pick up a water pipe for extra leverage :blush: