SAU Community

Wtb 240k

Hey D-limo it was not running cos he was replacing the harmonic balancer and was having trouble with it. Mainly cos i dont think it has a L28 crank in it as its stroked to 3lts if i remember what the guy before him did to the car. When i looked at this car it was nice and clean besides the green engine bay and some interesting bog in the bay. Yer the guy was the same with me but i never paid a deposit always have some excuse. I offered him 3500 with a blueslip when he said could have it FYI.

On another note i brought one today

post-9955-1246957946_thumb.jpg

post-9955-1246957969_thumb.jpg

post-9955-1246957988_thumb.jpg

post-9955-1246958014_thumb.jpg

1k delived was not running but is now and seems to go ok just the water pump leaking and needs a respray.

Mechanical probs like a leaky water pump for the 240k are NOTHING compared to the difficulty of finding one with a decent body/interior. Nice work!

Funnies thing is i searched high and low for one and a mate found this one at my local wreacking yard lol.

Found your 240k at the local wreckers! Score!

You can find a C210, occasionally a 240k, for under $1000. You might need another $1000 in bog though! There are still a few sedans around, but the rust, especially under the front lip of the bonnet, is often horrific, the seats torn, or in the case of the ebay car above sunburnt, the dash cracked, and typically there are great big bloody holes in the interior where the original radio was cut out and replaced with a nice mid-eighties tape player.

Often the cost of welding up, retrimming and finding replacement parts for a C210 padock- basher is more than the cost of a decent, original granny-spec car. Still, I can't help but wonder what the best offer he got for it was. As for "it's worth more in parts" line (slaps forehead)...

Quick! From Brindabella Motorsport Forum:

hey mate iv got one at home $100 bucks its yours , the panels are stuffed the body is stuffed, its a 4 door gx, depends what you are chasen as its still got some good pickings on it give me a call if you like ill tell you whats good and whats bad, the reason i want $100 is that is what i will get for it in scrape, which i would hate to do as i know these are very thin on the ground. car is at silverdale, 30mins from penrith. dave 0414413236

Dam i need a few parts too like the fuel cap dont close missing a piece i think but dont have the room for more cars in the back yard but i mite ring him see if i can come take some parts off it.

Yer my bonnet has some rust when it stops raining i will take some good pics and what needs doing. The car is mint inside all as factory only down sides are one tear in drivers seat and 2 cracks in the dash.

Pick whatever you can. The original wheel, gearknob, hubcaps, centre console and radio, and the chrome eyebrows on the front guards and around the taillights are all worth grabbing if they are halfway decent, as they are really hard to get, as are straight bumpers (bit of a stretch) or any rust-free panels. Don't worry too much about mechanical stuff, you'll probably find better stuff on later model Skylines.

Good luck with it.

• 2 weeks later...

/\ i scored some mint reco front bumpers the other day, got a c210 one and a c211! everyone of my skylines have shit bumpers, cept for the black coupe one but that has cut out for cooler.

i was so stoked when i picked them up :)

I see an imaculate 78 Skyline on the Freeway some mornings.

Today it was parked in the breakdown lane.

Pity I was in the RH lane and couldn't get over or I would have stopped and left a note to offer to buy it

Edited by R34