SAU Community

Advanced Engine Recon

Adz2332

As a couple of you may know i need a full engine rebuild for my 33 gtr.

I have had a few quotes and all come in roughly at the $10,000 mark.

But i have a friend and her dad owns Advanced Engine Recon and he can do it quite a bit cheaper...

But ive never heard of them and i dont want to skimp out and get it done badly.

And dont want to be rude and ask him if hes any good lol...

So has anyone used them before? Or even heard of them etc?

Any advice would be good

cheers

Never heard of them myself buddy, doesn't mean that they are bad however. If I were in your position though, I'd rather put my faith and hard earned into a trusted workshop who know these engines. Nothing like spending 10k on a motor only to find out in a few months it's gone again ;)

sorry to hear you need a rebuild

i was sure that Dennis from boosting Aus did Bens rebuild for about 8k but dont know if that was a loyal customer price you will have to pm Grim_32

hey mate i built my RB25 myself but had the machining done at Advanced engine reconditioners. Good work and realisticly speaking, machining is machining, you're either good at it or you're not, doesnt matter if its a RB26 or a tractor engine. But like i said, they did good work for me.

How far you going with the rebuild? standard? forgies?

If you really want top quality work speak to Andrew at Autosolutions & Restorations, has built many stomper GTR engines and was a great help to me when i was putting my motor together. Really knows his stuff when it comes to RB's in general