SAU Community

Caught For Speeding And I Wasn't Speeding

fullypaully

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible for a solicitor to procure a copy of the video prior to going to court?

I mean, if you're relying on that to exonerate you, and it didn't have the footage you needed, it would be better to not have to pay 2 costs; your solicitor's and the court.

By already driving with lack of P Plates etc etc, you're probably going to be stereotyped with the knock-on effect that you'll be pinged for speeding too I believe.

All The Best!

Rather than waste your time and money with a solicitor, just call the police station where the officer is attached and ask if you can go in to view the ICV footage.

You will either be getting a Future Service Court Attendance Notice or a Field Court Attendance Notice. Very little choice as you were suspended.

As for them leaving you there, You told them you could recharge your phone. They aren't psychic and ca'nt return once they are gone. They have a duty of care to ensure you can get out of there. You advised the you could. Their duty of care is over.

(For what it's worth there is no such speed as 105.5.....................)

hmm hard to fight bloody cops

even im becoming one lol

they think they are the law

you might hav a chance in court

if you know how to talk to cops, know how to beat them in a argument without getting arrested u do hav a chance

you gotta know a cop to find all this shit out

if you jnow how to talk to a cop you can get away with anything

You sound like a wonderful recruit for the police.

yeahh l'll like to see the video before court, l went to the station and asked if i could get a copy of the audio and video but they said no u need to plead not guilty in court then u can get a copy, but i didnt ask if i could "view" the video so they might let me.

And l didnt tell them i could, l said l might b able to, but they didnt wait around for jsut 2min to see if it worked thye left my there, bastards.

And for the speed 105.5, he showed me his little gun with the speed on it :S

yeahh l'll like to see the video before court, l went to the station and asked if i could get a copy of the audio and video but they said no u need to plead not guilty in court then u can get a copy, but i didnt ask if i could "view" the video so they might let me.

And l didnt tell them i could, l said l might b able to, but they didnt wait around for jsut 2min to see if it worked thye left my there, bastards.

And for the speed 105.5, he showed me his little gun with the speed on it :S

You only get a copy if you go to court, but you can view it at the station at any time.

As for waiting for you, they are police, not mothers or babysitters and you are a grown man.

Once again. his "little gun" wont show 105.5 as a speed.

You only get a copy if you go to court, but you can view it at the station at any time.

As for waiting for you, they are police, not mothers or babysitters and you are a grown man.

Once again. his "little gun" wont show 105.5 as a speed.

Well lm tellin you i seen it with my own eyes the speed on his gun said 105.5 to be exact l think it said 105.4

Cool, l'm going to go to the cop station on the weekend then and see if i can view my tape

lol at this thread you are full of it buddy there is no way they use there little gun while driving behind you LAMO!!!!!! 105.5klms so fcking funny

and if you going to think that you got this magical super crusie control that applies the brakes down hill once u reach the set speed u sir are on some good crack and also if you goto the station they have to show u the vid they dont have to give you a copy but they have to show u u are a retard LOL

Well lm tellin you i seen it with my own eyes the speed on his gun said 105.5 to be exact l think it said 105.4

Cool, l'm going to go to the cop station on the weekend then and see if i can view my tape

picard-facepalm.jpg

I'll say it again. A "Speed gun" will not display 101.5 as a speed. It only displays two things. Speed which is only in increments on single kilometres (98, 99, 100 etc) and range which displays in increments on 1/10th of metres (105.5, 105.6 etc)

So you may be looking at the wrong part of the display.

The only way the "speed gun" will detect a speed is from a stationary position. So he woudl have detected you as you went past him and then he caught up to you. You speed will only be displayed on the footage if you car detected by radar, whoever it will show you hauling arse past the camera.

As for it's range. If he can see you he can shoot you.

lol at this thread you are full of it buddy there is no way they use there little gun while driving behind you LAMO!!!!!! 105.5klms so fcking funny

and if you going to think that you got this magical super crusie control that applies the brakes down hill once u reach the set speed u sir are on some good crack and also if you goto the station they have to show u the vid they dont have to give you a copy but they have to show u u are a retard LOL

l didnt say they had the camrra while driving behind me you dumbass they were parked on the side of the road with their camera and as for the speed i seen it with my own eyes on his gun

and i didnt say the f*kin cruise corntol slows u down the hill read properly idiot, l said when on cruise control it will go about 5km/hs over the speed l set it on when going down a hill and my car isnt goign to go from 80 - 105 rolling down a hill with my foot off the acelerator

I'll say it again. A "Speed gun" will not display 101.5 as a speed. It only displays two things. Speed which is only in increments on single kilometres (98, 99, 100 etc) and range which displays in increments on 1/10th of metres (105.5, 105.6 etc)

So you may be looking at the wrong part of the display.

The only way the "speed gun" will detect a speed is from a stationary position. So he woudl have detected you as you went past him and then he caught up to you. You speed will only be displayed on the footage if you car detected by radar, whoever it will show you hauling arse past the camera.

As for it's range. If he can see you he can shoot you.

Good, l hope they have the camera on the car whilst they were parked on the side of the road because they will see the car behind me "hauling arse" , the officer did say the exact words u were doing 105.5 kmh's an hour and he did show me the number on the gun, maybe he was the 1 reading and shwoing me the wrong number, who knows, but i have the number for highway patrol now so i will give them a call and ask if i can watch the video and see what it has on it

yes it can and will, depending on the gradiant of the hill, the speed and weight of the vehicle on cruise and wind direction.

All factors

Wind = Tail

Speed = 80

Weight = 1600kg

Hill Gradiant = 2.1

Now pump these figures into an engineers formula for working out speed v weight v gravity, then hey presto you will get your speed.

I am highlighting it is mathamatically possible to be over the limit with cruise control by more than 5 km/ph, BF Falcons cruise control going into the Burnley tunnel in Melboune would climb by 10 k plus down hill.

*You can hit me, kick me but please don't BS me*

yes it can and will, depending on the gradiant of the hill, the speed and weight of the vehicle on cruise and wind direction.

All factors

Wind = Tail

Speed = 80

Weight = 1600kg

Hill Gradiant = 2.1

Now pump these figures into an engineers formula for working out speed v weight v gravity, then hey presto you will get your speed.

I am highlighting it is mathamatically possible to be over the limit with cruise control by more than 5 km/ph, BF Falcons cruise control going into the Burnley tunnel in Melboune would climb by 10 k plus down hill.

This is true, and it will also depends on the steepness of the hill and how long the actual hill goes for, where l was caught the hill isn't steep enough for "my" car to get to 80 - 105 "without" touching the accelerator for the amount of time l am rolling down this hill , l know for a fact l was not goign anywhere near 105 km/hs lf i was speeding l wouldnt complain and take the charge

All factors

Wind = Tail

Speed = 80

Weight = 1600kg

Hill Gradiant = 2.1

thats sooo true my mums calais does that to even on cruise down a SLIGHT hill it might not feel like your going fast but you are :)

you have your story. cops have theirs. people on sau have theirs lol

you'll find out who's right soon enough

Dont bother fighting it jus pay the fines if they gave them to you and try to keep it out of court there is no way a judge will see it your way, they more than likely done a rego check on your car and seen u dont have a licence pulled you over to see who was driving and jus booked you for speeding aswell(going downhill with cruise controll on doesnt mean u were doin 80 sorry mate ), long weekend worst time to drive with double demerits and all

good luck

Dont bother fighting??? WHY??

If you didnt do anything wrong FIGHT IT!! DO anything you can in your power to get off the fines.

I dont know about the suspended license bit (need to know the reason behind that), but if you weren't speeding then by all means fight it.

Write a letter in and explain your story. Or take it to court and represent yourself. If all fails you know at least you tried.

A friend of mine got pulled over for not having his ps on the car by he actually did!! He wrote in a letter saying it was on the car etc.. He even took a picture of it.. Got off the fines etc.. So do everything in your power!!

But if you were really speeding then cop it on the chin!!

Edited by siddr20

Dont bother fighting??? WHY??

If you didnt do anything wrong FIGHT IT!! DO anything you can in your power to get off the fines.

I dont know about the suspended license bit (need to know the reason behind that), but if you weren't speeding then by all means fight it.

Write a letter in and explain your story. Or take it to court and represent yourself. If all fails you know at least you tried.

A friend of mine got pulled over for not having his ps on the car by he actually did!! He wrote in a letter saying it was on the car etc.. He even took a picture of it.. Got off the fines etc.. So do everything in your power!!

But if you were really speeding then cop it on the chin!!

yeah exactly, better off trying and losing then not trying at all, if i was speeding l'll be ok with it and jsut take it, but l am soo sure that l wasn't speeding that the whole situtation just pisses me off

same thing happened to me 20 mins ago, but i had a license, and p plates.

i was coming into a 60 zone, i was doing about 60 at the most (maybe a click or two over) by the sign, dropped back to 4th and pulled up to jsut below 60.

no brake lights see....

now, of course i wasn't speeding, seeing as a very well known speed camera was ahead, about 40 metres. and i spotted the lights of the po po about 300 metres away. probably more.

the police car was on the other side of the road with a truck pulled over, he was on his way back to the car, he jumped in, then i heard the V8 motor give it a little squirt, in about 30 seconds, i was being pulled over.

he approached me and said, mate what's the rush, why didn't you slow down.

i said officer, i was doing the speed limit, of course. i mean there's a speed camera. (pointed behind me) then said, and i spotted your car from a long way away. of course i wasn't going to speed past you, that would be... well plain stupid.

and he said, i've got reason to believe you were speeding. he began to check my car out ( stocko celica)

when he could see what i was doing i got out and said to him, officer, if i was speeding and you have the proof. i'll take the punishment accordingly. fair and square. but i wasn't speeding

then he said, what am i doinng anyway, i said, coming from home girlfriends, he asked me a few basic things, adress, rego, etc. breathalised me and said, get on your way.

i said good night officer, got in and indicated away.

so he didn't have proof. just being a plain jerk. giving p platers a hard time.

it probably didn't help i've got a perfect record.

i'm not sure about your case, maybe he is even more of c unt.

maybe he is completely confused about what he saw.

if that's the case, court should go alright. you might be able to duck that one offence.

but best of luck.

This is my story, tell me what you think and what l can do, any help is appreciated.

3 charges -

Driving on suspended license - l had not received the letter in my mail but surposally my license is suspended now this might just b my bad luck

Drviing without P plates - Fair enough l can take this charge l wont fight against that

"Doing 105.5 kmh's in a 80 zone!!!"

l am a red P-plater, l am driving a 1993 Ford telstar TX-5, it is stock as a bone.

Driving home 3am in the mourning with my "CRUISE CONTROL" button on set at "80 KM/H" going down a hill on cruise control the speed may pick up to about 85 km/h cause the car is rolling.

l look in my review mirror and a car l can see far away is going very fast " looked like to me around 105.5 km/h" coming up behind me then slows down fast and drives right up my ass, l double check my speed to make sure l am going only 80 cause i thought he might of been a cop car, 10 seconds later a cop car comes out of no where behind the car that was speeding behind me, puts his sirens on, overtakes the car behind me, gets behind me and pulls me over.

Police officer comes out the car and claims l was doing 105.5 km/hs in a 80 zone, l told him how can i be going 105 km/hs when l have cruise control on set at 80 km/hs , l pointed out the cruise conrol light that was on.

Officer claimed l "overtook" the car behind me where l was in the left hand lane the whole way and the car behind me came speeing up "my" ass

l hope the police has a video of the whole thing, and l hope they have audio of the entire conversation.

Another question is are the police meant to wait till someone picks you up ?, l had run out of credit on my phone and went up to the police car and told them l have no credit to ring anyone, they ummmmed and hmmmd and said there is no emergency phone boxes around here and said "we dont have time", l then said, oo l think i can recharge using my direct debit card, they said ok, l went to my car to get my wallet and they drove off leaving me there and turns out u can not recharge using the direct debit card over the phone so i was left there with no contact with anyone, thanks for keeping us safe.

So my question to everyone is, can l do anything about this ? they told me l will have to go to court, l need to wait for the letter to come to my mail, lm going to go get legal advice, is it worth it ?

Thanks

were you speeding?