SAU Community

Vin Request 94 R32 Gtr

Hi Guys im new and ive been reading through the threads but i cant figure out if my car is a V spec from the info on the site.

Here are the details.

VIN:- 6U9000BNR32309534

HCR32-259470

MODEL:- RCR32GASLAA

Some other codes.

KH2 G

rb20det 1998

RE4R01A RC43

Its got the big brembo brakes and finned diff cover but anyone can put that stuff on , so any help would be appreciated.

This is an R32 GTR chassis number as recorded on the Australian system (original Japanese VIN with 6U9 and some 0's in front to make it 17 digits) and it belongs to a crystal white coloured May 1994 built GTR so it could well be a V-Spec model although it appears not to be from what I can see so far.

HCR32-259470

This is the Japanese VIN number from a November 1991 model GTS-T (a gunmetal grey coloured 4 door sedan with automatic transmission to be precise) ... this build date means that it's not allowed for import to Australia (mid-1991 to mid-1992 are not allowed for import) so there is a chance that it was imported illegally or was found to be a non-importable model once it arrived, and then may have been re-identified with a wrecked GTR's compliance information.

rb20det 1998

This is an R32 GTS-T engine code and cubic capacity ... does this car actually have an RB20DET engine (2000cc single turbo) or an RB26DETT (2600cc twin turbo) as it should if it were a GTR?

I would strongly advise you to look into this further before doing anything ... something is seriously wrong with the details you have given here. Check what VIN number is listed on your invoice and also what is on the import approval and/or compliance paperwork that you should have recieved with the car. I can check more details for you if required and give some advice on how to deal with it if necessary so please feel free to email me with any more details at [email protected]

They should not be on the same car ... I assume the 6U9000BNR32309534 is on a seperate VIN plate fitted for Australian compliance (and probably later swapped by someone dodgy to another car) and the HCR32-259470 number is on the factory build plate along with the other details given in the first post. If the BNR32 number and HCR32 number are both on the factory build plate then there is even more weird things going on here.

Quick questions:

- how many doors does this car have & what colour is it?

- what is the VIN number stamped into the firewall by the factory?

The 6u9000 number is on a tag on the strut tower which matches the number stamped on the firewall.

I have no doubt its a GTR as i used to have a 92 GTR so it has all the right bits.

pumped rear guards , alloy bonnet etc. its white , and has a N1 or Vspec bodykit , front bar is plastic? and it does have 2 doors.

I will double check which plate has what numbers , i agree hcr32 is a gtst number so i will have to look into that and get back to you, i do know that the hcr32 number and the RCR32 model number are on the same plate and its the one with the japanese writing on it.

I will get back to you tomorrow , but thanks everyone for your help.

Quick questions:

- how many doors does this car have & what colour is it?

- what is the VIN number stamped into the firewall by the factory?

according to the code he has provided its Gunmetal Grey

somthin seems very suss here..

The 6u9000 number is on a tag on the strut tower which matches the number stamped on the firewall.

I have no doubt its a GTR as i used to have a 92 GTR so it has all the right bits.

pumped rear guards , alloy bonnet etc. its white , and has a N1 or Vspec bodykit , front bar is plastic? and it does have 2 doors.

I will double check which plate has what numbers , i agree hcr32 is a gtst number so i will have to look into that and get back to you, i do know that the hcr32 number and the RCR32 model number are on the same plate and its the one with the japanese writing on it.

With any luck it's just a case of it having the HCR32 body tags stuck on the BNR32 body, although I can't imagine why anyone would do that ... in any case just let us know if you need any more answers or help with anything there.

• 1 month later...

All that is stuff that could quite easily been put on...

How about the important stuff like, I dunno...

Driveshafts connected to the front wheels, twin turbos, the RB26 engine...

You know, the sorta stuff you wouldnt normally expect to see in a GTSt thats been done up to look like a GTR

• 2 months later...

This is an R32 GTR chassis number as recorded on the Australian system (original Japanese VIN with 6U9 and some 0's in front to make it 17 digits) and it belongs to a crystal white coloured May 1994 built GTR so it could well be a V-Spec model although it appears not to be from what I can see so far.

ave recieved with the car. I can check more details for you if required and give some advice on how to deal with it if necessary so please feel free to email me with any more details at [email protected]

Can you help me identify whether a car I am looking at is indeed a GTR V Spec? The car is advertised as a White 1994 R32 V Spec and has a VIN No 6U9000BNR32314072. Is there a way of checking if in fact this is as it appears?

thanks Mike

Built October 1994, doesn't appear to be a V-Spec. That late in 1994 it would've been a V-Spec II anyway.

Hi Iron Chef thanks for your quick reply, I really appreciate it. This info is a great service

So from your check was it white, and can I be sure that it is not a V Spec?

regards