SAU Community

The Insurance Thread

heslo

there def funny on how they work out to insure . when i got my r33 i was 46 yrs old and was told i wasent a enthusist despite 20 plus yrs of speedway racing and building a ac cobra kit car the refused flat out to insure me .

so i went with just cars for 12 months happened to have a whinge on here after the 12 months was up and a shannons rep on here pmed me and walla full comp agreed value 18 g alls happy .

this yr get renewal and altho my premuim was the same they dropped the value too 14 g now how can agree value be changed with out notice i thought both parties had too agree .so onto the ph and wasent having much joy till i said ok cancel skyline and my falcon full comp and cancell my house insurence as well i will go else where all of a sudden my agreed value went back to 18 g and was flagged not too be changed in the future .. i consider my self a low risk i hardly drive the skyline less than 6 to 8 thousand a yr .

the car is locked up when not driven in the garage thats alarmed the cars alarmed and clublocked bloody insurence companies give me the shit's lol i hope i never have too make a claim as i really like the car altho not driven much .

my sons r33 was kept in the same garage had a alarm and has a good driving record was 21 yrs old and did not want too know him i cant fig them out .

i think if i could get a better deal for my insurence package i prob would change .

end of rant

cheers dean

Edited by mid life crisis

thats not good to hear how they can change the agreed value without contacting you first.....I had my insurance policy with Shannons last year after transferring from just car's and they insured me straight away with a agreed value that i was happy with and i was only 21....on a rating 1 mind you

thats not good to hear how they can change the agreed value without contacting you first.....I had my insurance policy with Shannons last year after transferring from just car's and they insured me straight away with a agreed value that i was happy with and i was only 21....on a rating 1 mind you

Agreed value usually changes every year because the value of your car drops every year. They dont just change it whenever they like, they do it when they send out your renewal forms.

well how can it be agreed value then if they can drop it like the they did but still keep the premuim the same if they want too value it less then i should pay less you cant have it both ways .

otherwise you may as well insure it for market value . my understanding is if i wanted to insure it for 50 g and was willing to pay the premuim and they accepted thats agreed value .

i insured my car for what i payed for it at the time now if they claim the value has gone from 18g too 14 g my premuim must surly drop as well to reflect the value . what pissed me off was we are dropping the value 4g but you must pay the same /errr i dont think so sunshine so much for loyalty for switching 2 cars and my house too them .

there all friggen sharks ready too bite the ya wallet right out of ya hand

i am with Dean on this topic......they cant reduce the agreed value and increase or keep your premiums same....time to give my insurance company a call and find out what my agreed value is atm...hope they didnt change it :@

I finally got Shannons to quote for me and they're willing to insure for an agreed value $2900 above what I could re-new my current insurance for. Almost identical cost...!

• 4 weeks later...

hey all

anyone that has a skyline might use this to help them insure there car if they have trouble like i did as im a p plater and im 18 and drive a r33 gts-t.

i went with just cars insurance. there actually pretty cheap im payin $2040 a year full comp and it's insured for $16.700

but these a catch to it. if i pay a full year straight out it will cost $2040 but if i do monthly payment it's $2500 witch works out to be around 200 bux a month i think just off the top of my head.

note that the prices will differ on your age mod's etc.

hope this in useful to some people.

I'm pretty sure Shannons pay by the quarter costs no more than the lump sum for the whole year

Just Car adds a fee when your paying by the month where as shannons just take your yearly premium and divide it by 12 :)

yeah but im 18 and have been in a crash so im on the highest rating there is i think. the price will differ depending on your age etc

yes that does but your premiums shouldnt change from paying by month or yearly

yeah i know.

when i first got the car 3 months ago i rang them and they only did yearly upfront and i couldnt pull 2040 bux out my ass in 2 weeks.

so i waited i dont know wat for bit stupid of me. but i rang up last week to get third party fire and theft and they said they do monthly payment now.

it's only a new thing for them. cant tell u y its a few hundred dearer a year :blink:

just car insurance.

$1480 p/a

2002 x-trail, manual, Ti-L (luxury model) insured for 18.6k

llisted mods:

full turbo kit

intercooler

clutch kit

2k worth of stereo

coilovers

electronics (gauges, boost controller, gps etc..)

that in MY name (18 y/o male, with 1 license suspension.), garaged every night, in a decent suburb etc...

good service from them too, very helpful.

• 1 month later...
i am with Dean on this topic......they cant reduce the agreed value and increase or keep your premiums same....

They can and they do, deal with it.

Don't like it self insure. Simple as that

Insurance isn't only based on how much the car is insured for. The Agreed Value gets dropped each year on renewal to the Market value of that date and is locked in for a year.

Only part of the premium is based on the value of the car as a while, insurance companies have to factor in repair costs, parts, location, how it is stored, security on the car, previous claims history for that car (so whenever someone else's skyline is stolen it effects your premium) As cars get older parts get harder to come by.

i'm glad i don't have to deal with sh!t like this anymore

on the positive side my premium dropped $20 a month for changing my address

Edited by Whiplash

Just Car did this to me also and dropped the agreed value, only noticed it on the new renewal they sent me which is why I switched to Shannons with an agreed value of $2900 more than Just Car for the same premium.

I rang Shannons the other day, they said I needed to have owned the vehicle for at least 12 months to be able to be covered by them. Oh well, another year of Just Car I guess... At least I'm Rating 2 now, hopefully Rating 1 next year.

Everytime i hear of someone trying to insure with Shannons, i hear a different story about why they cant get cover. Bullshit!

i rang first time and got a quote straight away....