SAU Community

Some Questions About The Pits

pro-drifter14

hey guys was just wanting to know some stuff before heading over the pits

Well my cars pritty factory except for a few things witch i need help with

Car is running a Rb30det but it has a top mount turbo setup instead of a standard setup i was just wondering if this is legal or not its pritty close to the bonnet, also has adjustibles and foward faceing plenum will any of this effect my car passing

Would appretiate any Info guys

Cheers

really comes down to the inspector you get

some say you need a engineering cert some arent fazed

ive passed with a high mounted Supra before but i had engineering cert

and the inspector really just have it a quick once over

Bubba's also had success passing with his rb30 in his r32 (but that as on a standard setup)

best thing is just pay the $83 and see what they want you to change

I believe ossie had to get his car engineered.

TBH, the highmount will cause dramas. I have done mine in phases, Phase.1 was get the RB30 in, running and licensed - I think the fact that it looked stock under the bonnet and the fact that power delivery wasn't huge turboish, helped. Phase.2 is highmount turbo and I'll cross the licensing bridge when I get to it.

Edited by bubba

O true well the motor is already in and running looks stock as a rock besides the foward faceing plenum and high mount,, its a bit hard to hook up a standad setup without water lines any more lol, ived used all the rb20 cam and rocker covers so sould be sweet,, if not i will just have to buy a Standard Rb20det just to get over the pits

the car was licenced but i let the rego laps, not to worried about getting the 30 complied as cant tell from the naked eye, unless you know your skylines real well so police shouldind be botherd, i just want to make it over the pits so i can get new rego

that didnt go down with me, he told me i got a leathal weapon cause of the twin turbos. my 26 is all standard but its just all painted so first impression is looks like there is soo much work done to it.

thanks guys i think im just gonna run it over the pits as is and see what the kick a shit about ive changed my Engine numbers the dpi gave me a form cost like 50bucks hopefully should be all good dose any one know were to get an engineering cert from?