SAU Community

R33 Vs Xr6 Turbo

Here's a crazy thought, you could just go to the drags and race him :)

There'd probably not be as much in it as you'd think i'd say. The weight difference would help the r33 alot. But so many variables its hard to guess

[quote name='Crans' date='28 Jan 2009, 10:21 AM' post='43926 They are awesome cars with one of the best engines ever built

Your kidding right they are not the goods & know people blowing them up there rods arent the best there chinese specials at $60 a pop

Trust me there not what there made out to be due poor cheap engine internals.

There was a complete test done in serious performance 7 dvd i think.

power wise the xr6 was much better but on the track the race drivers chose the r34 gtt (same thing as r33 gts-t) hands down.

Must be manual though with minor mods and suspension work.

The bigger and heavier xr6 will always be a family car pudding of a thing.

is the skyline turbo? :(

depends if it was built to be a drag car etc etc, XR6T are fairly quick, theres a Typhoon around here with 300rwkw which can just beat a mates HR31 Passage with a NEO and a HKS 2540 hanging off it - thats running the original Stagea computer and 14psi. Traction would probably be the main issue I guess?

just out of interest how far behind do you think a 300kw xr6 auto would leave a 300 hp auto r33 in the dust.just got a bit of a wager going, got a mate who reconds 60 meters over the 400 .what ya recon

The XR6 turbo is measured in kW's and you measured your car in HP..?

XR6 T = 300kW (402HP)

Weight (Approx 1723kg)

R33 GTS-T = 223kW (300HP)

Weight (Approx 1500kg)

You decided LOL! :(

Give him a run and see how well you go I say. Drop your rear tyre pressures slightly and practice a good spool up launch technique. You may surprise yourself.More so if he stuffs the take off and you nail a good jump on him. It wouldnt be the first time a car which was inferior on paper won the race-and it wont be the last.

Give your car a bit of a service..clean out air filter, oil change, check plug gaps etc...all may sound stupid but it does help..Just a shame you cant up the boost just a little bit

Heck on one of my old cars i had a bag of ice sitting on my Supercharger while I was waiting for the guy..helped too !

Edited by GTR-32U

[quote name='Crans' date='28 Jan 2009, 10:21 AM' post='43926 They are awesome cars with one of the best engines ever built

Your kidding right they are not the goods & know people blowing them up there rods arent the best there chinese specials at $60 a pop

Trust me there not what there made out to be due poor cheap engine internals.

Stock engine from 02 to 06 would handle just over 300rwkw without any work (Valve springs may need upgrade)

From 06 all engine internal were the same as the F6 Handling well over 300rwkw.

RB26 stock die when pushed over 300rwkw so are you saying they uses cheap crap parts aswell??

There is one point that everyone is forgetting.

The XR6 turbo produces a lot more torque than the R33 would at the same horsepower figures due to the fact it has a 1.5L advantage over the RB25. The dyno graphs of a 300kw Rb25 vs a XR6T 300kw would be very different.

Horsepower figures don't mean jack if you haven't got the torque or the bottom end power to get it moving.

Depending on grip available and choice of transmission the XR6T would almost always win hands down.