SAU Community

Importing Interstate?

Im thinking about importing from interstate, to perth, just wondering what i have to do apart from the obvious, like are there any extra costs to register a vehicle from another state?

also whats a good way to buy a car to be freighted here so that i dont get burned in the process,

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Im thinking about importing from interstate, to perth, just wondering what i have to do apart from the obvious, like are there any extra costs to register a vehicle from another state?

also whats a good way to buy a car to be freighted here so that i dont get burned in the process,

cheers

car has to go over the pits when it gets here , that can be anything from basic roadworthy stuff to fully standard no modifications depending on inspector on the day

if its something nice and tidy and reasonable should be no issue

cost wise on top of that transport here , transfer of ownership , 6 months rego , temporary movement permit and inspection fee . you might get a refund on the existing interstate rego .

• 1 year later...
car has to go over the pits when it gets here , that can be anything from basic roadworthy stuff to fully standard no modifications depending on inspector on the day

if its something nice and tidy and reasonable should be no issue

cost wise on top of that transport here , transfer of ownership , 6 months rego , temporary movement permit and inspection fee . you might get a refund on the existing interstate rego .

Im thinking of buying a s15 from Vic or something does anyone know how long it takes to get her?? hopefully they will let my car slide over the pits coz im a chick...i don't wanna bring over a stock car thats all