SAU Community

Crazy Hot

Thomasino

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try welding up a quarter panel in a shed, then doing a repair on a front guard and finding out, oah f**k this needs a few shrinks. out comes the oxy to create a bit more heat. oah well, today was first time ive used my a?c in the stag im a bit of a windows down kind of guy but today was too much

try welding up a quarter panel in a shed, then doing a repair on a front guard and finding out, oah f**k this needs a few shrinks. out comes the oxy to create a bit more heat. oah well, today was first time ive used my a?c in the stag im a bit of a windows down kind of guy but today was too much

Yeah no shit man, panel beating in this weather is shit house, especially working inside a masive shed with 4 celing fans that just blow more hot air around, then ya gotta use the oxy and mig welders.

I can tell you its a few more degrees hotter than out in the sun where i work.

My R32 decided that it didnt need the clutch slave cylinder anymore half way up main north road, so i got sit in the sun for 2 hours waiting for a tow. Lucky my laptop picked up an unsecured wifi network so atleast i could read sau lol.

Loving the hot weather as it means i can head to the beach later on when its cooled off a bit, otherwise just have the house set to 23 and chilling inside. Went out earlier and couldnt believe how hot it was!

Chris, leaving your windows down a bit definitely helps but 1cm prolly wont do that much :P Leather FTL in this weather

My R32 decided that it didnt need the clutch slave cylinder anymore half way up main north road, so i got sit in the sun for 2 hours waiting for a tow. Lucky my laptop picked up an unsecured wifi network so atleast i could read sau lol.

Same here with the clutch slave cylinder?

Yup... mine gave up... in my driveway... which is on a obscene angle. So now I have to get it towed out somehow!

And the battery went flat last night. Sigh.

Well i just bought one of those big blow up pools woot! gonna blow it up when it gets abit cooler ^_^ might go for some midnight skinny dippin bahha

don't do it dude........you take the risk of a puncture caused by a little prick on the inside :P

Air con in the Stagea can't handle the temp. I think its low on (out of) gas anyway ... I'll get it regased tomorrow.

Got 3 stops on the way home, then I'm hitting the pool ... and I'm not getting out until the sun goes down. Was in the pool until after 9pm last night. :P

You all need to Harden up! Im a welder and have been working in a hot ass shed all day with a long sleeve shirt on and thick ass gloves. It dont get much hotter than that :P

u guys need to harden up, try powder coating for 8 hours a day. in a shed with a low roof and an oven that sits at 200C all day and then think about the damn white spray painters suit that lets no air in or out. add to that there can be no fans which would blow the powder around. that makes for one really hot effen day. i used to have a thermometre in the shed but it used to scare the guys i would have come in and help for an hour or so once it got up to the 80C or higher mark

maybe a tar worker on a road in the outback. or fighting a fire ????

or the feeling of frostbitten hands under hot water.a different kind of burn..lol

the sand hasnt turned to glass on the beach yet, so its not too bad..lol

Went out at 1:30pm or so to fill the car with fuel, walk out of air-conditioned office and the heat hit me in the face like a 2x4, felt like my eyes were contracting or something. Wander through the carpark out to the car, turn it to on and the gauges flick up half way already - about 70C on both the oil and water gauges - car hadn't been started in 4 hours.... it's .. kinda warm out there .. :P