SAU Community

Where To Get An R33

Impact

hey so im looking at buying my first skyline.

as soon as i sell my current ride (2004 holden commodore 's' pack) ill be lookin to purchase a r33 gts-t manual

ive searched thru carsguide/carsales/drive ect, and there arent many around in w.a, also the ones that are here look more expensive then what i find from over east.

any good yards you guys could recomend for me to have a look at?

would it be worth buying from over east?

aha wow ok, autotrader (which was redirected to tradingpost) has alot more search results then the other sites ive tried.

the website didnt come up in my google search, hence the reason i havent checked it.

Make sure to get a series 2 in UBER RARE SILVER!!11TY!

But there are a few import places in wangara, dc imports is 2 minutes down the road from autoworx as well if you cant find anything from them, but just remember dont buy the first thing you get into, look around :P

Be patient, keep searching these forums and all trading posts.

Look for a car that has been rebuilt with lots of goodies some poor bastard wasted all there money on. Don't bother with a stock example, you'll end up being that poor bastard too.

Make sure the car is tested for compression/leakdown blah blah blah, find out where it was rebuilt etc. Look for one with good interior and body.

You will find the re sale value of the 33's is less over in the eastern states that is why there cheaper.

Good luck.

Look for a car that has been rebuilt with lots of goodies some poor bastard wasted all there money on. Don't bother with a stock example, you'll end up being that poor bastard too.

That would depend on what he wants out of the car tho. If he is anything like me a stock example would be better. If you want to build it ur self and make it truely your car then stock is the only way to go.

If you dont mind driving someone elses work then by all means go for a worked r33. =)

i agree buying a worked example is better then a stocker

will save you thousands in the end

i mean all mods are very similar in the train of thought

more boost rebuild more boost and more boost

if spending 2x as much money is truely your car then i hope you have deep pockets

That would depend on what he wants out of the car tho. If he is anything like me a stock example would be better. If you want to build it ur self and make it truely your car then stock is the only way to go.

If you dont mind driving someone elses work then by all means go for a worked r33. =)

What evr car anyone drives its always going to be someone elses work.

If you want to make it your own, change the appearance its not as costly as performance mods.

I went down that road i purchased a stock example and i made it my own appearance and performance. Would i do it that way again? No way

What evr car anyone drives its always going to be someone elses work.

If you want to make it your own, change the appearance its not as costly as performance mods.

I went down that road i purchased a stock example and i made it my own appearance and performance. Would i do it that way again? No way

What do you mean its always going to be someones elses work?

Ive yet to send my car to a workshop (apart from wheel alignments and the proffesional alarm install).

All my mods have been done in house. Although It does help my dad is a car nut and i have access to all the tools i need to get things done.

This ranges from installing intercoolers, radiators, exhaust systems to gauges to painting and fitting a body kit and not to mention maintaence work...

Like its been said above it all comes down to whether its your hobby or not. I enjoy working on my car and thats why i chose to get a relatively stock r33 over a worked one. I wanted to do the work... and if you can do it ur self its not that expensive. You just got to becareful what you buy and when you buy it.

I do agree if you do not wish to do the work or simply dont have access to the tools then a worked example will be the choice for you.

Edited by br3ndan

Its someone elses work cause someone else manufactured the vechicle ie nissan. Just being smart there :blink:

If he is like you and he wants to do the work himself then yes buying a stock one would be best but defintely not cost effective.

Its someone elses work cause someone else manufactured the vechicle ie nissan. Just being smart there :blink:

If he is like you and he wants to do the work himself then yes buying a stock one would be best but defintely not cost effective.

haha... agreed ;)

nows its just down to finding the actual car

well ultimately it depends on how much i get for my current car.

but 13/15k is my range

spoke to guys at autoworx, they have no r33's atm as the costs for them are to high atm (exchange rates), but they may have 1 on the way.

ill check out down under auto's this week.

wangara is near by for me.

id prefer stock, even tho itl cost more in the long run, id just like the satisfaction of buying and geting it all done myself:)

buy a 31, all the cool kids are doing it

buy a car with basic mods, a lot come with exhaust, cooler, coilovers, etc.. save yourself a few bucks, and you can still do the rest yourself.