SAU Community

Where To Get An R33

Impact

+1 to buying a car with basic mods

When I bought my 32 is came with coilovers, fmic, catback, gtr bonnet/grill.

That's stuff I didn't have to spend money on which left more cash for RB30DET, RB25t gearbox, 2-way diff, big brakes etc etc.

Also did the same with the Stag I just got, the guy had blown heaps of money getting C-Red to put in coilovers, fmic, full exhaust, haltech, hiflow turbo etc.

Edit: just saw this line..

id prefer stock, even tho itl cost more in the long run, id just like the satisfaction of buying and geting it all done myself:)

So you're going to pay someone to install all the shit you want? hope you have a large bank balance as chqbook racing is $_$. If that's the way you want to go about it (i.e. NOT doing the work yourself), then do the smart thing and save yourself some money by getting an already mildly modded car. Labour is a killer.

Edited by bubba

I'm always in two minds about this. Some modded cars work out being cheaper, but then again if the work has been done badly it can be costly down the track. I know a mate that bought a car with a fully rebuilt sr20 think it was putting out about 280hp atw. Long story short a couple months down the track the piston rings shit themselves.

I bought what is an almost completely stock car, just exhaust and turbo timer. But I intend on keeping it mostly that way, generally because it is mainly a daily car that occasionally sees some track time. Also because im a uni student so i dont have incredibly deep pockets. If you buy a car that is already modded and putting out huge power you need to have the pockets to finance any repairs and maintenance on a car like that.

On a side note, basic things like coilovers, exhaust etc are always a bonus but I wouldnt pay too much for them because if you need to rebuild the coilovers or something it's gonna cost alot.

I wasn't advocated buying a heavily modded car, that is more than likely someone elses headache. Nothing wrong with basic mods (exhaust, cooler, suspension) if they've been done properly.

Look for a car that has been rebuilt with lots of goodies some poor bastard wasted all there money on. Don't bother with a stock example, you'll end up being that poor bastard too.
i agree buying a worked example is better then a stocker

will save you thousands in the end

i mean all mods are very similar in the train of thought

more boost rebuild more boost and more boost

It was more these posts i was responding to. Not so much your own Bubba. Plus it was more a general observation anyway, not really digging at what anyone else has said.

I'm always in two minds about this. Some modded cars work out being cheaper, but then again if the work has been done badly it can be costly down the track. I know a mate that bought a car with a fully rebuilt sr20 think it was putting out about 280hp atw. Long story short a couple months down the track the piston rings shit themselves.

That can be a draw back with rebuilt engines, you never know how well they did it. Thats why checking where it was rebuilt can eliminate the chances of that.

hey guys, looks like ill be trading my car with "liamxah" from these forums!

ive already driven it, and we both happy, we are going ahead with it ;)

any1 seen this car? he said hes been to some cruises.

we have some nice r33 sII manual coupes coming in soon

your not going to see as many r33 gtsts around dealers as you used to going forward . the exchange rate makes them less attractive to import now and belieive it or not ive started to see prices for really nice ones going up in japan at auction recently . this is the same thing that happened to r32s a while ago , less and less really really good examples will mean higher prices in the long term