SAU Community

Has Your V Been Mistaken As Something Else?

Well perhaps as I had both front and rear Nissan badges replaced with the rather unfamiliar Infiniti badges when it arrived from Japan...

I got 2 ocassions where first my mate thought my V35 coupe is a Lexus...

C'mon, I'm not that rich to afford a Lexus :-)

and secondly when I was filling up at a servo and just about to pay, the kid in the next servo looked at my car and pointed and asked to his parent: Is that a Porsche ?

Yeah right :P

What next?

what have yours been mistaken of?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Iv had the lexus comment 2, other people think its a new Z car or a 350z, iv also had a fool say it was a 2 door maxima....

There are only 3 or 4 V35 coupes in Townsville up here in far north QLD. Iv only seen 1 other one on the road, the other was @ a workshop looking fresh off the boat with no rego or plates and the other was on carsales.com

I also laugh when people @ the lights ask me if its turbo :P

"is that the new GTR!?"

ive had that on more than 1 occasion

also as i drove past a few kids, one of them goes WOW the new skyline! and the other goes... Nah thats an Audi you idiot!

the neighbours also asked my parents "wow who owns that nice Porsche in the driveway" one day when i went to sleep at their place..... i wonder what they thought when they said their 23 year old son owns it LOL

If it hadn't because of the engine platform change from inline 6 to V6 (all in the name of Front Midship platform), the V35 would have been labelled R35 GT for sure. (and maybe even GTT for potential single turbo-ed inline 6 variant). But I guess Nissan had an agenda for new look, and perhaps reserving the R35 model variant just for the GTR...

I wouldn't blame ppl thinking it's a Maxima, the 4-door V35 is easily mistaken as Maxima in a flash, if you're not really an avid car (train) spotter.

I saw what amounted to a Maxima coupe (can't remember what they called it) in the States last month: actually quite a nice lookinmg car: compares to the Maxima sedan much the same way the V35 coupe compares to the V35 sedan: Coupe's roofline is much lower, windscreen is more raked, etc... To top it off, it had a really neat/aggressive factory bodykit:m I was impressed: it's a LOT more angular than a V35, but still a lovely looking car...

"is that the new GTR!?"

ive had that on more than 1 occasion

also as i drove past a few kids, one of them goes WOW the new skyline! and the other goes... Nah thats an Audi you idiot!

the neighbours also asked my parents "wow who owns that nice Porsche in the driveway" one day when i went to sleep at their place..... i wonder what they thought when they said their 23 year old son owns it LOL

haha i got this one too twice once from a GTR 35 owner and once by a r32 owner .. so wish it was a gtr :ermm:

Wife thinks it looks like a VW Passat! (I drive a 4-door) Stopped in a petrol station the other day, when paying the guy insisted that I was driving a Lexus. Had to pull him outside and set the record straight

Heh..

I've gotten R35 GT-R i think about 3 times ? And a fair few "is that the new skyline ?"

Tbh, i didn't buy the car for the looks though...it was the interior and gadgetry that sold me along with the VQ35... coming from an FTO and an 3 MPS.. you can't blame me hehe.

• 2 weeks later...

I just happened to be out the front of my place this arvo when 3 school students were walking home: they must have been about 14/15 years old... My stocko silver coupe was sitting on the street, and the Chargespeed car was in the carport, but visible from where they were... They started talking about the silver car before they realised I was there: the conversation went something like this:

Student 1: That's a really nice car: I love skylines!

Student2: Nah, there a p.o.s. They crap and ugly: just look at it... Skylines are sh1t. It's a piece of crap!

Me (walking into sight): Have you ever driven one? I mean, aside from on PS3? I guess not. How do you know they're bad when you've never driven any car, let alone a decent one?

Student 2: I just don't like them. I like that car (points at the Chargespeed car).

Me (amused): what do you like about it?

Student 2: It's cool, it's fast: I love that car, it's awesome!

Me: it's the same car.

Student 2: ..... ...... .....

Students 1 & 3: Hahahahaha!

Me: I guess you like skylines then?

Student 2: *mumble mumble mumble*

and off he strolled to the sweet sweet laughter of his fellow students...

I just parked my car at the shops and started walking to the entrance, two young girls walking past not realising I was the owner of the car,

overheard one of them ask the other... "is that an aston martin?"

I lol'd to myself and kept walking,

also been mistaken for a lexus :wave: