SAU Community

Oops

Duncan

Shame the weekend finished this way for us- we were running 8th outright at the end of the first day - not bad for Pete's first steer in the car.

Sadly, it looks like just a case of crap road surface (gravel, melted tar and oil don't mix) coming out of the corner, putting an end to an otherwise good run.

I think Pete's driving is the only reason we didn't roll- he managed to wipe some of the speed off and hold the car balanced as we slid 12ft down the bank!

Actually Liz, alot of the farmers who raced up to see the damage thought i had been driving - I ofcourse told them I would have caught it if that were the case >_<

went out and saw the car today. not a massive amount of damage just the just the coolers radiator etc were pretty messed up and also a heaps of the guards. transplanted what needed to be transplanted from the half cut (also there) and it should be good. other than that all the 4 wheels were bent and some other little under car stuff i think

pete said the main amount of damage to the coolers etc happend at the bottom when it hit the ditch..also said he was very lucky that he didn't hit any trees and what not.

and also said kel was very very calm and seemed to care more about pete than the car :laugh:

went out and saw the car today. not a massive amount of damage just the just the coolers radiator etc were pretty messed up and also a heaps of the guards. transplanted what needed to be transplanted from the half cut (also there) and it should be good. other than that all the 4 wheels were bent and some other little under car stuff i think

pete said the main amount of damage to the coolers etc happend at the bottom when it hit the ditch..also said he was very lucky that he didn't hit any trees and what not.

and also said kel was very very calm and seemed to care more about pete than the car :laugh:

My middle name is calm :(

Pete did a great job to slow the car down and then keep it together as we headed down the bank- i keep saying this but i still have no idea how we didn't roll.

He's a bloody good driver, and it's such a shame this happened because he was on track for a pretty good result for his first time in the car.

• 3 weeks later...

There really wasn't that much damage to see - the front bar was barely marked, just hanging a bit loose. There was some panel damage to the front quarter panel from memory from hitting something solid on the slide down the bank, but again nothing too look at.

By all accounts Pete has almost got the car back to brand new and definitely ready for Targa in a few weeks.