SAU Community

What To Do Next?

ashneel

Hey guys

Well iv done the basics as listed in my sig and just wanted some input on what I can do next to squeeze a little more out of the car? I was thinking about moving into the cosmetics like body kits and rims but I like the look of the standard clean GTT look.

So apart from opening her up what else can be done?

Mods so far is:

HIGH FLOW TURBO 16PSI BOOST

FMIC

HKS HIGH FLOW FUEL RAIL

BOSCH FUEL PUMP

HKS INTAKE/EXHAUST CAM GEAR

470cc

TURBO BACK EXHAUST

APEXI PFC

Sorry if this is a FAQ but ye new to the world or powarrrrrr :huh:

Ta

Ash

Hey ash, got some pics of your ride up buddy?

Sounds like you're setup for decent power on the street, have you done any suspension/brake modifications? How about sydneykid's suspension setup for your R34.. including LCA, camber kits, subframe alignment kit, struts etc. Perhaps get in on the R34 slotted/groove rotors with EBC green pads for some brake work. Hopefully that'll let your car rip through those hills.

Cosmetic wise, if you want to enhance the standard lines of your 34.. perhaps an East Bear lip and perhaps rear diffuser? That'd set it totally off with the right set of rims.

well nothing was holding the tuner back apart from me being paranoid that i want it all safe ra ra ra. might take it back to get a re tune done and ye tell them to go nuts with it lol. but just wanted to know what else can i pretty much add as a bolt on or upgrade without opening her up much. would cams with standered internals make any difference? or is replacing cams classed as a not a standered internal anymore???

howie iv already got racelogic coilovers and have been playing around with that to get a perfect balance for cornering and traction. brakes are standered calipers with bendix pads and they stop the car up niceley. will be upgrading lines though as i wanna hit the tracks with this and i dotnt hink standered brake lines would be loving the temp. apart from that iw as thinking brembos but i dont think ill be needing that till i eventually hit the 300's at the rears. but i will be adding other bits

so handling im happy with at the moment cause im slowley getting my head around that but its performance that when i come upto and hit a brick wall cause i dont know much about it, apart from handing my CC over and go "here now make it fast" lol. but i want to learn and do things to it by knowing whats going on and how its going to benefit ra ra ra.

i will be speaking to the tuners also but most of the time they try pushing in for the big things by suggesting rebuild with forged parts. which iw ill do but not while the motor is still ticking. thats something that will be done when she goes boom.

as for pics howie only pic i have is on the r34 pic thread.

Im running similar setup with cams (which i highly recommend) and hitting 260rwkw with 270 hopefully being extracted after the last tune.

IMO best mod I did was Jap rims, it turned the car to dull and boring off boost to a monster with wheel spin at lights and smoke shows in launching not to mention crazy lighting fast accleration (yes all i did was change wheel, 9kg cant hurt!)

I will be hitting up a body kit .. thanks to a bonus from work :D make the car look alot meaner. Then I will sit back and enjoy it until I blow the motor and rebuild it with a to4z :blush: or buy a GTR tough one!!

well nothing was holding the tuner back apart from me being paranoid that i want it all safe ra ra ra. might take it back to get a re tune done and ye tell them to go nuts with it lol. but just wanted to know what else can i pretty much add as a bolt on or upgrade without opening her up much. would cams with standered internals make any difference? or is replacing cams classed as a not a standered internal anymore???

howie iv already got racelogic coilovers and have been playing around with that to get a perfect balance for cornering and traction. brakes are standered calipers with bendix pads and they stop the car up niceley. will be upgrading lines though as i wanna hit the tracks with this and i dotnt hink standered brake lines would be loving the temp. apart from that iw as thinking brembos but i dont think ill be needing that till i eventually hit the 300's at the rears. but i will be adding other bits

so handling im happy with at the moment cause im slowley getting my head around that but its performance that when i come upto and hit a brick wall cause i dont know much about it, apart from handing my CC over and go "here now make it fast" lol. but i want to learn and do things to it by knowing whats going on and how its going to benefit ra ra ra.

i will be speaking to the tuners also but most of the time they try pushing in for the big things by suggesting rebuild with forged parts. which iw ill do but not while the motor is still ticking. thats something that will be done when she goes boom.

as for pics howie only pic i have is on the r34 pic thread.

You car seems to be well thought out, the only is get rid of the china coil-overs and fit something decent, the racelogic stuff is junk... a few of the drift cars sponsorsed by racelogic dont even run them. :blush: ive played with them in customers cars and cant stand them, G4 or k-sport.

Forget the rebuild the R34 GTT donk can play all day @ HIGH 200rwkw's and 17-18psi if tuned well.

they are powerflow injectors http://www.powerflowinjection.com/

a bit of a pain to deal with as i had a few problems but apart from that they are ok but im upgrading them to 700cc as i got a good deal so mine will be up for sale soon if your interested. its done 1700ks on the injectors.

so decided on my next step

EBC, poncams as they seem like the way to go and bigger injectors and oil cooler and tune. that should keep it as a good streeter and a noob track car lol

water meth injection ill read into that as ye dont know much about that. but ye thanks guys

Ahh yeah, that's where I got the Denso for my RB30 from.

When you do decide to get rid of your 470cc's, shoot me a PM! At 320awhp the stockers in my Stag are getting pretty close to the limit! :(

Cool bananas, apparently the stag made 350awhp @ 15psi but the injectors were maxed so they dialed it back to 12psi. 470cc's should give me that little bit extra to maybe get 380awhp :(

• 1 month later...

Hi

i am currently in the process of doing the exact same upgrade to my rb25 neo motor... i just got off the phone from a bloke about poncams and he seems to believe that there is better hp gains than spending money on tomei poncams and suggested to keep the standard ones... however my engine tuner suggested i upgrade them... because the gtt motors have vvti the performance shop bloke (not the tuner) said that you will lose the vvti feel of the motor... i was under the impression that upgrading these cams improves the power and response of the motor overall... would you need new cam gears as well to support the new cams?? sorry for hijacking the thread but i am seeking very similar advice and other owners experience on this upgrade

E85 not sure as yet.

from what i have read and heard (havent experianced it myself) pon cams are a worth while upgrade and with supporting mods gains are really good. as for cam gears id imagine you would need to change them but i could be wrong.

for the time being iv put engine mods on hold till may but with the current tune car is running really really really good.