SAU Community

Xforce Varex Muffler

ashneel

has anyone installed this on their car? http://www.xforce.com.au/cars/view_car/29

if so what does it sound like when the butterfly is closed? looks pretty well made without affecting the car much apart from the noise level. would be good to just run a straight through exhaust witht his muffler to soften the noise up when extra attention not needed.

there is a video there but be good to hear what others think.

ta

Ash

A friend of mine has a twin tip system on his 33 GTST and with the butterfly closed its a unique sound as all you can hear is induction noise lol, when its open it sounds like any other Jap brand exhaust, nice and throaty. Another bloke has a cannon on his NA Supra but it just sounds crap on that lol

yeh my mate has one on his 33. when its closed all u hear is engine no exhaust note, when its open it sounds great as a good jap muffler would. its good when its closed as it doesnt actually block the air off but recirculates it a few times before being let out unlike the other butterfly valves.

ben...

I can't hazard a guess as to other cars but it sounds decent enough on my mates car... however if you want to be legit legal keep your stock system on there simple as that. you can't have the best of both worlds unfortunately

an evo is unimpressing enough lol

but yeh still defectable

If i had the money i'd buy a EVO9...

One of the fastest street cars you can buy at the moment, probably why 3 mates of mine have one now.

One of those you brought your motor from :blush:

If i had the money i'd buy a EVO9...

One of the fastest street cars you can buy at the moment, probably why 3 mates of mine have one now.

One of those you brought your motor from :D

I was going to say the same thing. An Evo 9 in stock form would easily overcome a stock R33 GTR on the track, and would keep up easily with an R34. Cant knock em. They are quick, and the same era STi's are ever so slightly quicker than the Evo!

But back on topic... :blush: Not really a fan of the way it sounds in the above video

Edited by gotRICE?

if ur refering to my old rb25/30 that Matt sold to me im not gonna begin with the list of shit that was wrong with it, which turned into another 2 years wait building my NEW rb26/30 motor... been tryin to get in touch with him for a almost 2 years till i gave up. Decided if u want something decent and reliable then build it urself that way u know the condition and specs.. ah well lesson learned.

but yeh back to topic i dunno ive heard them on rexies and dont really like it, but my mates sounds decent, very close to the cannon i got on mine. although my mates is a 3L which would give the deeper tone so not sure. personal preference. i was thinkin bout gettin one but just cant be f**ked, my cannon isnt too loud atm so id probs save the money just get a decent muffler if i were u (ashneel)

Ben...

Edited by 2BNVS

I love how everyone says its defect... So its a damn loud exhaust. Thats the only reason you get it dont you? do you really need another key ring?

Unfortunately I have an exhaust for a reason, FLOW and POWER (I know crazy isnt it!!).. why would you buy a varex which will restrict flow at all times? Exhaust is damn loud yes but it runs a silencer when on the road. IMO if you want a good no-breakable silencing option which will last and not produce to much back presure get an active tail silencer (apexi ATS) Ive researched it all and this or the cat option is best! Id go silencer as its removeable unlike a varex or a cat silencer.

if ur refering to my old rb25/30 that Matt sold to me im not gonna begin with the list of shit that was wrong with it, which turned into another 2 years wait building my NEW rb26/30 motor... been tryin to get in touch with him for a almost 2 years till i gave up. Decided if u want something decent and reliable then build it urself that way u know the condition and specs.. ah well lesson learned.

Two sides to every story.

But then i aint gonna get into it, i just laugh @ the stories.

Just when you want it.

Have a look @ the xforce website, and you'll see what it does... massive restriction when closed and you couldnt even think about getting excited with the right foot

my thoughts exactly... they should probably come with a warning that wen completely shut the car should not be driven to hard... could probably do sum serious damage in sum cases i reckon

I thought the idea was they are nearly as free flowing when closed as when open due to the design (re-routing the exhaust gasses. not just closing a valve an making a smaller hole)

btw, its illegal because its an adjustable exhaust valve. This is illegal because it means u can get away with a loud exhaust when cops arnt around. I dunno what the offical word is but thats the best i can do

Way to slag a guy off who sold you a motor in good faith.

Oh, you mean like pushing 100-150rwkw over what the motor was built to handle? I'm surprised it held together to be honest!

I do recollect you getting in touch with me... Was something to do with the fact that the pistons were mahle or something not JE... Terrible!