SAU Community

Rb25det Into An R32

Harry-Hotpants

hey guys was hoping to accompany the help of u guys to help me find threads that will help me with my rb25det conversion into my r32 gtst. iv found one thread so far but it doesnt really help u just tells u a bit of what needs to be done. if there is a step by step procudeure or detailed description of what needs to be done very grsateful if u could post it up so i can get my conv done asap so i get the driftpig back out of track

thanx guys

Edited by Harry-Hotpants

Remove RB20.

Drop RB25 in (complete with RB25 engine harness and ecu).

Connect everything.

Drive away.

If you want to do the gearbox aswell, there are many threads in the Drivetrain section in regards to putting 25t gearboxes in R32 GTSt's.

Use the same mounts but use the RB25 engine harness and ECU (ecu obviously but I think the difference between the harness is the injectors wires are the other way round or something like that).

Climate control should be fine, haven't heard otherwise.

If you really wanted to, you could swap the wires to the injectors and run it on the RB20 ECU (as it is easier to remap) but you wouldn't have VVT.

Greg, same *should* apply to your GTS4. Just re-use all the mounts etc, though I'm not sure if there would be any dramas with the RB25 ecu needing to talk to the ATTESSA computer at all..

We put a twincam 30 in my mates GTS4 but I believe that is running on a GTR powerfc.

I would also not bother with the dualstage solenoid boost control (stock 33 setup), just put your RB20 actuator on and plumb straight to that.

Edited by bubba

bubba: in regards to the physical work im 100% clued in its the wiring changes that have to be made re: rb25 engien loom connecting to r32 body loom and also what is to be done re: changing speedo cable to electronic for the dash etc

If you already know what needs to be done, why were you asking then?

What exactly do you mean about changing speedo cable to electronic for the dash?

Are you putting a 25t gearbox in too?

It's not rocket doctory :)

If he's keeping his RB20 gearbox then he doesn't need to change anything.

If he is putting a 25t box in then he can't re-use the RB20 sender.

I'm not exactly sure what he was getting at with the sender question, hence why I asked for clarification :banana:

Edited by bubba

yeh i am putting in the rb25 box in aswell. i didnt kno whether the rb20 ccable will mate into the rb25 box of if i have to use the electronic setup from the rb25 box and make changes with my cluster. i need to kno what changes need to be made regarding mating the rb25 engine loom to the r32 chassis loom etc.

also "cmoney" ur link isnt working for me.... :domokun:

Edited by Harry-Hotpants

Have you searched at all dude? I know there's at least one thread on RB25 into R32 and I know there's a few threads on 25t boxes into R32 GTSt's, in those I, among others, documented what we did.

No offence mate but the search function is there for a reason.. so we don't have to keep typing out essays :( if you have any specific questions, shoot me a PM :)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Rb...amp;pid=4378780

Wiring

Wiring is pretty straight forward if you have the correct diagrams and ecu pin outs. I'd recommend using the RB25 loom and ECU, which is what I used. This a) allows easy engineering to meet polution standards b) Allows you to run the cheaper and more readily available RB25 powerFC. Once you can get the stock ECU working fine, just drop in the PowerFc and it should work right away.

I won't go through the whole lot here, but a few things to note.

1. Grey wire near the main engine bay plug is your 12v constant injector feed. Make sure this is hooked up to a 12v line. Without this the car won't start.

2. It's not a bad idea to splice in your original engine bay resistor (passenger strut tower, silver block thing) from the rb20 loom back through the firewall and to the thick black and white wires of the r32 body loom. This provides backup ground to your fuel pump incase you lose the grounding in the boot area. It will work without it, but is a valuable safety measure which is worth keeping if you value the engine.

3. Use the O2 sensor from an RB25. I believe the R32 one is different. Effects fuel economy

4. To get the wipers working, you can use the r33 loom plug as a direct fit into your wiper.

There is another plug nearby which looks similar. You'll need to connect the orange in this plug as well or your wipers won't turn off once turned on until IGN is turned off Cut the orange up near the plug, and run a wire to this through the firewall, and this connects to one of the wider R32 body loom plugs. There is like a thick orange and a thick green next to each other. Connect this to the orange. This turns the wipers off when you whack the wiper switch back to "off". Took a while to work this out.

You also need to attach 12v IGN source to blue w/ red stripe on that plug. Hook the black with silver blotches to GND (or chasis).

The rest of the r33 plug is 'spare' and the other wires can be left disconnected down near the r33 ecu part of the loom as well.. On the R33 it connects to a brown junction box on the passenger side...but on the R32, this is on the driver side and can stay there.