SAU Community

Sdma Hillclimb This Sunday 8 Feb And

Michele

Time to get some of that sleep. Twas another fantastic day at the track. Rebecca had a pearler of a day starting with times around 80.18 and finished the day with 62.xx - I won my class, fastest lady and was just pipped for FTD by 100th of a second LOL

I encouraged two new starters for this event, both had a ball and said it wont be their last. One in a black R31 and another in an NA Subarua Impreza, they each had their own challenges and the R31 came out on top for this round.

Great to see a few of you come out to cheers us on.

Thank you Jeno for helping Mark get my car together in time and Jo for sharing him with us.

You're welcome. We had a fun day even with the heat and all. Still can't believe I was robbed of second place in my class by 2 100th of a second :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michele, are you entering in the event this weekend?

Yes, I'll be there - my "goal" is to get enough points through the year for the Ladies Championship - *fingers crossed* that I can keep my car running so it can run at every round. Round 2 and 3 are back at Mt Panorama then the rest are up North. There are some rounds where I cannot run the open wheeler and for those I will use the GTR and I'd better watch my butt cos there are some very fast ladies in the state rounds.

Well, we did much better than we expected at the NSW State Championships. Mark won his class in the GTR with a 45.95 and the State record is 45.85, so I'm looking forward to seeing what a new ECU and turbos will do on this girl.

I won the Formula Libre category and broke into the 42's for the first time and came second outright... which astounded me given the level of competition there. Oh and fastest Lady too.

It was a great day and good to see some of you out there :laugh:

Mark won his class in the GTR with a 45.95 and the State record is 45.85, so I'm looking forward to seeing what a new ECU and turbos will do on this girl.

Wow great time. What are we doing to the girl?

Ive decided to go the Vi-PEC ECU and still trying to decide (within the next 24 hours) whether to go HKS GT-SS or Garrett GT2860R - 7 turbos - big price difference, but some tell me the HKSs have better response.

Tomei camshafts/gears, HKS 700cc injectors/plugs and dump pipes.

That should be enough bolt-ons for starters. Oh and replace rear springs with stiffer ones.

Ive decided to go the Vi-PEC ECU and still trying to decide (within the next 24 hours) whether to go HKS GT-SS or Garrett GT2860R - 7 turbos - big price difference, but some tell me the HKSs have better response.

That should be enough bolt-ons for starters. Oh and replace rear springs with stiffer ones.

Hey matey I have the -7s if you want to come for a spin to feel what they are like :P

whether to go HKS GT-SS or Garrett GT2860R - 7 turbos - big price difference, but some tell me the HKSs have better response.

-7s seem slightly better response in some comparisons I've seen here, however the HKS are purpose built for the GTR and fit perfectly with the same oil lines. For the money the -7's.

Why the HKS for injectors over say the sards? It's a question I need to consider as well. And if only going the smaller turbo's why the large 700cc?

You may be better off with the nismo injectors as they will drop into the factory locations/plugs with no more modification than new O rings. 700cc is overkill for the 300-320kw the turbos will make.

Those turbos are capable of some higher numbers than that when pushed, obviously we know this all depends on setup.

Following Ed's advice I have the HKS 800cc twin squirt in mine.

I just love how no matter what you post there's always going to be someone to argue and tell you that you're doing the wrong thing :)

I'm buying some parts from Ed, but most of my parts are through Trojan who today gave me a quote which was much the same as Slide (and they knew nothing of what Slide quoted) - I'm glad I'm able to do something through them because they have always been helpful to me.

I'm going through Ed for the install because 1) Mark jacked up on me and doesn't want to do it and 2) Erol (my mentor/professor/idol) knows Ed and he will let Erol work with him on the tune. I don't believe Ed has setup/tuned a Vi-PEC before, and although he seemed hesitant, he was still happy to work with us on it. Eds been lovely to deal with as well.

We're going to dyno before and after. She's booked in for the 23rd and she races at Mt Panorama on 7th & 8th March for round 2 & 3 of the NSW Championship. Everybody LOVES Bathurst, so I expect there will be a huge turnout.

I know the GT-SS is approx $1500 more than the -7, but all reports seem to point to the fact that they are more responsive... besides, she deserves it LOL

I haven't decided on the injectors yet... I'll probably go with what Ed recommends.

I don't mind the feedback and these guys know me well enough that they can throw some opinions my way, besides, it makes me think outside the box. Someone who is partial to frangipanis on his car will probably be the next one to give me some cheek :)

1) Mark jacked up on me and doesn't want to do it and

I know the GT-SS is approx $1500 more than the -7, but all reports seem to point to the fact that they are more responsive... besides, she deserves it LOL

All I have to say is "good on ya Mark" :) Its funny after so many people saying keep it original, I see no one saying this now.

I remember a conversation I had with Bob about 12 months ago where he said GT-SS were the only way to go on a street car. Now with the new 2.6 engine he's upgraded to -5's which is what I finally decided to do.

But this will be good, between Kat, you and I we have all the standard turbo sets ups. With Kat's 2.8 giving her a big advantage I think.

All I have to say is "good on ya Mark" :) Its funny after so many people saying keep it original, I see no one saying this now.

I'd better clarify, its not the upgrade he's objectional to... its the part where he has to do the work. He hasn't stopped and needs a break.

I bought most parts from slide, a few from performance wholesale and emergency parts from just jap. Certainly pays to shop around and organize you own parts.

Look forward to checking this out when it's finished :)