SAU Community

R35gtr At Sandown

Doogs1600

Saw this R35 GTR at MSCA sprint at Sandown 18th Jan 09 - my car is the blue 1600 beside. Shows how cars have grown over the years - 40 years of Datusn/Nissan evolution from 900kg 4 door family car to 2 tonne monster.

The GTR was doing 1:23s with 180km/h limiter still in place. Despite hitting the limiter about 1/3 the way along the straights and lots of cars overtaking, it was still the fastest car on the day.

DougSandown181099.jpg

The GT40 in the front will almost certainly be a replica either a DRB, a Tornado or infact any one of atleast a dozen different knock offs that you can buy. The shame of it is I have yet to see one driven properly.

They are pretty to look at & apparently ok to drive. Not sure as despite a couple of my mates building them I can't fit into the damn things. Gurney bubble anyone? :P

The GT40 in the front will almost certainly be a replica either a DRB, a Tornado or infact any one of atleast a dozen different knock offs that you can buy. The shame of it is I have yet to see one driven properly.

Thats true, last time I was out at Sandown with MSCA, I was held up for a few corners by that GT before finally getting alongside it on the straight and passing it.

There will be another Black R35 GTR Premium edition doing some laps this Saturday at Sandown, together with a Porsche GT3 and 2 x Ferrari 360's as part of the Driver Dynamics Track Day with Kev....

There will be another Black R35 GTR Premium edition doing some laps this Saturday at Sandown, together with a Porsche GT3 and 2 x Ferrari 360's as part of the Driver Dynamics Track Day with Kev....

I will be interest to know if it can get into the 1:23s with the 180 km limiter still on

what are you planning on doing with the fluids? Will you stick with Mobil 1 or go to something like Redline? And are you planning on changing any of drive-train fluids to that Willall stuff? they claim a lot less particular matter floating around than the OEM stuff...