SAU Community

R34 Gtt Xanavi --> Aux

R32_R34

unfortunately that's where my knowledge comes to a grinding halt. I don't know what the signals look like on a oscilloscope.

But I gather if you cut the wires going into the tv and identify the hsync vsync and RGB you can match them up from the sync splitter and hence picture?

My problem would be the disassembling of the intricate and deceivingly simple dashboard. Also by doing the above would you effectively brick the cd player? i.e the screen that displays the track number and allows you to select the track?

you have the idea correct. I prefer to scope them so I know what I'm working with. when you do a EVO 8 from dry a scope is a MUST.

the question I thought you asked was how to reuse the screen for a car pc. thats what I do with 99% of the cars I see now.

if all you wish to do it get into it via composite thats easy. TV button, joystick over to teh top rt select VTR - done. make sure you are sitting still and have the handbrake on.

After finding out the handbrake and sitting still, I'll think I'll try wiring straight into the back of the TV, and since the radio has an absolutely useless aerial, It wont be much of a loss (can only get 104.1), I'll just have to figure out how to disassemble the console.

No doubt there would be some info on the web for disassemble and oscilloscope signal identification .

if you are asking about how to get the Xanavi and screen out of the R34 dash and back in I did it yesterday - taking the lot out is about 5-10 min work if you have done it before - installation is a bit longer - here are some random pics I took of the process - there is a good HOW TO on the SAU site - the number of connectors looks like a nightmare but every one only fits in its proper shaped place so it is not hard and Nissan gives you enough wiring to reach everything easily (compared to bloody Holdens etc where the dash wires hardly reach) - use cardboard to protect you trim from scratches from the mounting frame when you pull it out as a whole - it has sharp edges

if you work out how to connect the existing screen to a modern DVD player (bypassing the Xanavi HU) I would be very interested to know how to do this also !

post-57849-1234838797_thumb.jpg

post-57849-1234838953_thumb.jpg

post-57849-1234839266_thumb.jpg

Can someone post the link to xanavi screen removal if they know where it is?

Sync signals on oscilloscope,

The CSYNC output should look like this:

---_------_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_---

And once for every field (once in 1/50 or 1/60 second) like this

---_------______-_____-______-----_------

But what about Hsync and Vsync

Edited by R32_R34

r32,

ok now you know know what you are looking for- go play. teardown is two posts above.

PM sent re how to pull out and re-install screen

KV2,

google is your friend. I've given more than enough info to sort this without the xenavi box in place.

I wish I had even a 1/4 of the technical expertise you guys got so unless its dead simple even google won't be much use lol - I just installed a replacement Xanavi HU that worked that I got on weekend for $50 with other gear for a problematic one - no special expertise needed for that, just common-sense

useful for this discussion. most of the Xenavi stuff runs active high CSYNC. there are variants that have H&V separate. then there are ones that bury it in a color jut for the hell of it. mitsi is good at this.

KV2,

electronics degree helps me. I have been dabbling in electronics since age 11. (I'm 38.) theres not a lot I will not attempt to crack/modify.

have a crack. make sure you have at least a 40 Meg scope sitting beside you.

I would still make use of your friend google for what video looks like. some of the stuff back there will look a LOT like sync signals and its NOT.

• 1 year later...

Anyone able to tell me how to wire in a ntsc to pal converter ?

Im thinkin plug the reception inputs into the converter, then plug the output of the converter into the xanavi computer in the boot ?? sound all right ?

Does anyone know why the lcd screen plays up ?

Is it problem in the computer, problem in the satnav controls or problem in the actual screen ? Ive noticed that the lil japanse error message changes when I put a cd into the dash

so that leads me to belive that the problem isnt in the screen, perhaps in the satnav unit

usually mine works first pop but ive noticed that sometimes it wont.. it will sit with the error screen, and then start working about 10-15mins later. seems almost as if its the system not letting it start.. in which case that should be able to be tripped to ignore those error signals..

any ideas ?

Oh Ive also noticed that behind my satnav dash controls I have this lil box wired in which has TV(something) written on it..

and some words saying.. for the ease of viewing of tv for you and your loved partner (gotta love that Japanese english hahah)

is that the actual tv tuner box or could that be a wireless unit for a remote control ?>

if its a tv tuner, could i just rip it out and put in a pal one ?

OH I did the ol channel scan using one of the on screen options and I picked up the audio for New Zealand TV3 (im in New Zealand) So I know I can get TV, just need a frequency booster or somthing to get the video.

Can anyone tell me the order the red black white and green reception plugs connect into the computer in the boot ?

cheers!