SAU Community

RB26DETT in GTS-T ECR33

Vovan

Guys, i'm planning to fit RB26DETT instead of my RB25DET. I will need to change ECUs too, and my question is - will GTR ECU work with my HiCas and ABS systems as i don't plan to change them.

Also, will i need to get GTR gear box or mine will fit nice with new engine?

thanks

good choice for you I think

use the rb26 ecu and loom afms etc .

you gear box will bolt up hicas and abs are separate to the motor..

you will also need a different sump for the rb 26 as that one has a diff in it your rb 25 sump could work but might need a few mods

meggala

u will need to modify and splice the 2 looms together. as for the rb25 keep it aside , as u will need bit and pieces of it to make your rb26 works. also the power steering pumps need to be modify as the rb26 is a dual lines unit and a rb25 is a single feed item, hopes that help abit. but do it, it brings smiles on your faces every drive.

Four more questions :(:

1. what is sump

2. what does loom mean?

3. Will GTR ceramic clutch fit my (rb25) gear box?

4. I heard that 280 hp is a law limit in Japan. But the real potential of rb26 engine is much higher, so how do i use the potential - just get a reprogrammed ECU?

about the power steering pump - i was planning to fit my pump to that rb26 engine, i guess it will work fine?

rb26dett sump has the front diff moulded to it so u cant use in your car but u r rb25 sump should fit on the rb 26 block thats what meggala was all about other option would be to modify the rb26 sump cut the diff off and a bit of welding .

yes you will be able to you will just need to have some one doit who can trace the wires back . the speedo runs off a cable to the gear box you will need to find the source for the tacho. one trick is to keep you alternator and starter wiring from the rb 25 .

I think your water temp should be ok as well oil pressure should be the same or very similar.

I fitted an sr 20 into my r32 most things in my dash do work only the tacho isnt working but we will sort that

meggala

The tach is simple, just find the wire for the tach on the cluster, should be yellow/red, then find the wire on the ECU pin out, and splice a wire from the ECU tach signal wire to the wire in the back of the cluster. Thats how I got the tach to work in my RB20 240sx, but I had to put the R32 tach into my 240sx cluster, meggala, you may need a different tach, I know the SR20 has a different signal than the RB20 tach signal has. It reads 2x as high with the tach meant for my KA.

Originally posted by Vovan

Thanks a lot! i will be doing all this stuff myself :) will spend whole winter to prepare my car for the next summer season. i guess you don't have snow in winters? :)

we dont have snow... just rain, that makes for good, WIDE, drifto at the saving of tyres!

But yeah, if you can do it yourself good luck, post up pics too.

I love seeing 26's.

There is a 26 going into and R31 here in melb ATM. It's been done before but it's still cool!