SAU Community

The New Fast And Furious Movie!

Mattikin1

so does every1 else on this forum ? Yes it cheesy as anything and far from reality, but isnt that what we all look for in movies ? I know if a movie was based on my daily 24/7 daily life, it definitely wouldnt be smashing any box office records...

No. No. and No.

It's based on ricer reality, in fact it's almost a documentary on their dreams.

It's not cheesy, that would imply it was like a tasty food. It's more like dog poo, only the mentally ill consider it edible.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Protip: F&F appeals to the American view of JDM and 'tuner' stylings, and also the typical American over the top everything. Notice the amount of product placement as well?

On a side note, a mint R32 RB25 got smashed into a tree here on the weekend doing some D1 action, the f'wit driver tried to say that the throttle stuck open ha ha ha.

Luckily nobody got hurt, and i'm really hoping some nice parts come out of it, but I think its fair to say that these movies result in people trying to do this stuff on the street.

No. No. and No.

It's based on ricer reality, in fact it's almost a documentary on their dreams.

It's not cheesy, that would imply it was like a tasty food. It's more like dog poo, only the mentally ill consider it edible.

But you still watched it.

so you're coming from a position of ignorance, and admitted it then? :)

If you can't watch a Fast and the Furious movie and laugh, you're taking life way too seriously!

Watching a special bus drive past doesn't make me laugh, so why would this movie? :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
haha i loved the whole 'simple jack' part of tropic thunder, wish F&F could take the piss out of itself like that but then thats where the charm lies I think

I think that Vin Diesel bloke does the Simple Jack role in the FnF franchise pretty well :P

Lol you're brave to admit that around these parts ;p

me not afraid........its true thats all..........started noticing skylines on 2000........nearly brought a r33......and in 2006 tokyo drift came out on my birthday....walked out of the cinemas and said im getting my skyline. lol in sept that same year i had her :(

guess im 99% try hard and full retard coz i enjoy all these movies...other than number 2...that was dismal...but yea number 1 and 3 were good. We all know that the shit they say and do in these films is pathetically unreal but who the fu*k cares! its the only movie series that is based around this genre, and for that reason its the best there is. Start making a movie about cars, talking about the A/R on your 3076 or the piston/bore clearances n id be walking out the door....gangas, fast cars n burnouts....hell yea give me more.

Apart from the fact that they are SO blatantly made towards the PG-13 rating and audience (a sin which a lot of hollywood movies are guilty of). The acting is wooden, the plot threadbare to the point where it is only the stunts and special effects which holds these movies together (and likely gobbles 90% of the budget.)

Vin Diesel is possibly one of the most wooden actors I've ever seen next to Keanu Reeves.

Even the flawed live action Initial D movie shits on F&F from a colossal height.

22 actually, and like I said these kind of movies are either so bad they are funny, or are held up as good cinema by mindless drones.

Whilst these movies are aimed at American "Tuners" who seem to be all into vinyl stickers, civics with neons and stereos which consume as much power as your average house, and are forever hitting shots of "naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawzzz" on the street (in these 1/4 mile races which seem to last for 16 kilometres), its not just having a few liberties taken on reality, they may as well be racing on the moon.

Also, when its at the point where you can't recite a single line of dialogue from any of the movies without keeping a straight face, and that there are more image macros made from the series than you'd care to look at, you have to admit that it's not just bad, its ugly.

Watch Inital D, or even the first Mad Max, then go back and watch F&F (any one) again, and if you've got two brain cells to rub together you'll see the difference between a car movie which is actually good to watch, with an interesting plot and decently developed characters, and 'blinged out', bland hollywood tripe, spoonfed to the masses by the same wankers who greenlight Adam Sandler movies.