SAU Community

Oz Spec Speed Limiter

BARCODE

Maybe I missed the update but does anyone know what the story is with the Oz spec speed limiter ,sat nav etc.Also the difference apart from the massive price difference between tne Cobb Tuning access port and Haltechs R35 ECU.

post-55831-1234578340_thumb.jpg

post-55831-1234578392_thumb.jpg

Maybe I missed the update but does anyone know what the story is with the Oz spec speed limiter ,sat nav etc.Also the difference apart from the massive price difference between tne Cobb Tuning access port and Haltechs R35 ECU.

my dealers says the oz spec car will not have sat nav, nor speed limiter

No sat nav, no speed limiter.

Cobb AP is just a hand controller you flash your standard ECU with. Haltech is a complete replacement ECU.

Thanks to those that replied .So which one's better?Haltechs blow it up or Cobbs widely acclaimed reflash considering no speed limiter on the Oz spec.On GTR-MOD.com I saw the Cobb available for about a grand US and the Haltech for nearly 6 grand.Zeal also have an ECU 4 JDM.So who's right?

Over a certain power level you'll need to go to the Haltech. Theres quite a number of reasons. Injector size increases, ignition mods, MAP sensors that can read past 22psi etc.

The Haltech solution will be very solid when released.

Zele and other Japanese tuners are selling pre-flashed OEM ECUs which aren't going to be that suitable for Aussies since there's no support once you install it. The exception is Power Enterprise which are selling a reflash and a box of electronics which intercepts ECU signals before they reach the ECU so it is tuneable to some extent.

The solution for most GT-R owners is that someone in Australia needs to become an AccessTuner Pro shop and offer custom tunes for the AccessPort. Otherwise the Haltech will have the best support here.

There are already 2 in Melbourne that have applied for it (Cobb Pro software) that I know of - and I believe it all should be turning up in the next couple of weeks.

But I think the Cobb will be the Power FC of the R35 world. It's certainly what I'll be using.

There are already 2 in Melbourne that have applied for it (Cobb Pro software) that I know of - and I believe it all should be turning up in the next couple of weeks.

But I think the Cobb will be the Power FC of the R35 world. It's certainly what I'll be using.

Thats good news. The Cobb is already well established and even the Japs are being converted. Top Secret, AutoSelect and other tuner shops are using it on their GT-Rs...

Thats good news. The Cobb is already well established and even the Japs are being converted. Top Secret, AutoSelect and other tuner shops are using it on their GT-Rs...

We have already set up a JDM spec GT-R with the Stage 1 Cobb AP and the results were brilliant. They are brilliant and user friendly in terms of set up and functionality (anyone can modify the various set up modes), removes the 180kph limiter, and allows you to clear any error codes that may appear on OEM display..Also boosts performance from 0.8 bar stock to a fraction peak boost of around 1.05 bar. Translates to substantial difference, particluarly in midrange..