SAU Community

Unsure Of What To Do

Adz2332

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. It's a common misconception. People hear 10k, then tell the next person, etc.

5k will get you a full rebuild with standard parts. 10k is something that will handle 300-400kw+

6-7k is a forged build with oil mods which will handle very decent power.

Unless you're thinking... Jun stroker kit or something... which is like $15k+ all up

Exactly it can be even cheaper if you pull the engine out yourself and you buy the parts that you want to put in it..

Yer true.. but im also looking at it for like ummm speed.. like itll be quicker for us to rip it out and put one back in.... Then to wait to have something rebuilt etc...

If i didnt need a house i wouldnt have worried about the moeny and rebuilt it with new turbos... nearly did it to be honest...

i just rebuilt my RB25 (same prices, parts and labour as 26) with Arias forgies, genuine main and big end bearings, N1 oil pump, new water pump, nismo thermostat, gates belt, cometic gasket, and custom sump. Had block decked, honed and washed, head faced and acid washed, nad crank linished.

It cost me just over 5k, but i put it together myself. It took me a week to do this. By the time the engine gets here from perth you can do a mild rebuild. Pull the motor out one weekend, send crank to get machined/linished, get a set of main and big end bearings, put together following weekend. Drive to work monday, no run in required, $2000 max

i cant see how new bearings (you'll get main and big end for under 400) and a crank linish/machine, would cost more than 2k. if you wanna get rid of the car thats all id be doing. parts total might be 700 or so, assembly might be a few hundred but if you have a mechanic mate shouldnt be an issue

Assembly is around 1500 if you wanted someone to build it for you. If you have a mechanic mate shouldn't bee too much trouble. But like i said, if you just wanna get rid of it, do bearings and fix the crank up, throw a new head gasket in and you're off.

If someone was to put the bottom end together for you and you just fit the headgasket and head i dont see it costing more than 2k, maybe 2.5k.

Like i said, my rebuild cost me over 5k, machining cost me $450, the rest was parts, see what im getting at

was hoping this weekend.. but the guy selling the engine is being a bit slow... Oh and my mechanic has had a hernia op and i cant rush him to soon! so mayb next weekend now grrrr... just dragging on...