SAU Community

Old School N New Age Show

MissR34

how come we have so many skyline owners on this forum, but only about 30 regulars who come around to events, if that ? not everyone is working or busy are they ? got time to sit online for days on end? be nice to see a massive turn out for a change,

at least we had 16 cars and a few other lines from others floating around

Thats the million dollar question that has been asked for so long now.

Quoting one of my favourite movies: "Many people talk alot ... few are up for the moment!"

If ya know what movie that quote is from, give me the next line :O

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just want to thank you guys for your support with our auto show :D

it was a great display of cars that you had there. top effort on pulling all those skylines together,

runner up club and also miss new age well done again

we do hope you enjoyed the day and will attend next year.

also remembering that the first 200 cars also recieve entrant plaques so best to be in early

thanks again

i understand by reading this thred that you guys are not keen on commodores im just a bit dissapointed

that you guys slag them off its your choice i know

but they did put in as much effort as you guys to pull all those cars together on the day

looks like some wires have been crossed there were a few commodore clubs there it was the bigger one that won top club as for the top new age bike he isnt part of our OFF YA ROCKER team at all

anyway that said you guys did put on a great display and the pic's of the after photo shoot look great

well done thanks for your support

we hope to see you all and maybe more next year 2 defend that trophy of yours and maybe even go 1 better

cheers dave

Edited by OLD SKOOL

Quoting one of my favourite movies: "Many people talk alot ... few are up for the moment!"

If ya know what movie that quote is from, give me the next line :D

I like shows but I hate the costs associated with getting the car entered and ready

Besides, mines hardly in any condition for display at the moment

-D

i understand by reading this thred that you guys are not keen on commodores im just a bit dissapointed

Its like the opposite of peanut butter and jelly, the two will never get along.

Dont get me wrong, there are a lot of people on SAU who respect a well built car, regardless of make, but there are also some commodore drivers who have no time for imports and have shown as as much or even more disrespect.

Its like the opposite of peanut butter and jelly, the two will never get along.

Dont get me wrong, there are a lot of people on SAU who respect a well built car, regardless of make, but there are also some commodore drivers who have no time for imports and have shown as as much or even more disrespect.

Mate, well said

:D

post-51907-1238371632_thumb.jpg

but they did put in as much effort as you guys to pull all those cars together on the day

looks like some wires have been crossed there were a few commodore clubs there it was the bigger one that won top club as for the top new age bike he isnt part of our OFF YA ROCKER team at all

As Damo said, most members here respect a well built car. The problem we have is with the RCK group ... who are well known for their hoon behaviour. They've crashed our cruises on more than one occasion, so we do not favour them much.

well done thanks for your support

we hope to see you all and maybe more next year 2 defend that trophy of yours and maybe even go 1 better

cheers dave

Was a pleasure and a good day. We'll be back ... we have a few ideas we want to go crazy with :D

that fine damo i see where your comming from and hear it all the time aswell in our older holden car club

i just think this is your guys forum/home and these thing can tarnish what looks to be a great forum and to have outsiders seeing and reading it on here cant be a good look for your forum i can see its not what all you guys are about and just think to put it in the publics eye on a forum is prob not a good idea i reccon you guys are better than that

our auto show OLD SKOOL N NEW AGE is about bringin all you guys to gether to put on a great show and to appreciate

what all you guys do to your cars stock or modified holden ford imports and all

im not here to give u guys grief and not try to make you all best friends either 2 me its all about the cars

cheers dave

that fine damo i see where your comming from and hear it all the time aswell in our older holden car club

i just think this is your guys forum/home and these thing can tarnish what looks to be a great forum and to have outsiders seeing and reading it on here cant be a good look for your forum i can see its not what all you guys are about and just think to put it in the publics eye on a forum is prob not a good idea i reccon you guys are better than that

our auto show OLD SKOOL N NEW AGE is about bringin all you guys to gether to put on a great show and to appreciate

what all you guys do to your cars stock or modified holden ford imports and all

im not here to give u guys grief and not try to make you all best friends either 2 me its all about the cars

cheers dave

True. Its all about the cars.

Rest assured this forum has a newer, unforgiving bunch of Moderators who will keep us in line. :D Whilst we can't all control the discussions in this forum, rules are being enforced more and more. We do have our share of keyboard warriors, but a majority of us are enthusiasts who attend shows/cruises and generally support the import scene as a whole. A few of us go above and beyond the call of duty too when required ... so congrats again to Cara for organising our club display ... Miss New Age :D

Even us import owners had to drool over alot of the cars on Saturday. I even did the rounds 3 times ... the quality of cars was that good. Those that took home trophys were well deserved. :D I'd just wished I'd nagged my girl's brother more to enter his 350 chev HR Holden "family car" ... his is mint!

Edited by RubyRS4

i 4got to mention i have two boys 14 and 12 i did give them the camera and said go take some pics of the cars

just going through them looks like you guys have turned them away from me trying to get them into old holdens they both want skylines now :D

i 4got to mention i have two boys 14 and 12 i did give them the camera and said go take some pics of the cars

just going through them looks like you guys have turned them away from me trying to get them into old holdens they both want skylines now :D

And a job well done SAU :D

Now we've made your job harder keeping them from the Dark Side :D

It is a two way street however, and after seeing some of the old school machines on Saturday, I'm keen for another project ... V8 Torry anyone? I miss my old 250 Cortina, 263 Centura, V8 XM Falcon. Well, after my house extension is done first. :D

Edited by RubyRS4

If ya know what movie that quote is from, give me the next line :D

know the movie, but dont know the next line.

even though it was a loooong arsed day...(i was there at 7am)...i had a wicked time.....at the start i thought i had the only r31 there until that sweet gts2 rocked up...i was even more surprised to see the two organisers thanking every entrant as they left.....i will definately be back flying the grand auto wreckers banner with Anthony next year

congrats Cara and everyone that entered!

Stand looked good. This has always been one of the best shows for the last few years, sucked that my car wasnt ready for it, but there's always next time!

why didnt i win ms new age award :banana: damn currupt judges.

go the kids turning to skylines. ensures mine will be worth something in years to come :bunny:

hahahaha Dan has boobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

low saggy 1's to

Edited by Inline 6